Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Tangerine tango is the freshest color of the new year (according to Pantone, at least) and Dylan George‘s mid-rise skinny jeans are way ahead of the 2012 curve with their Keira style in coated mango.
2. As a face of DKNY Jeans, Ashley Greene unveiled her simple, pared-down spring 2012 ad in Times Square. It’s hard to get any bigger than that!
3. Take a moment to forgive yourself for the sins of denim outfits past. Then watch this 1987 JC Penney Fashion Flash video and LOL at the “pulled-together denim looks” without a hint of guilt.
4. In eco-friendly denim news, Replay Jeans now replicates the look of worn-in, vintage jeans with a “Laser Wash” that utilizes no water and no sandblasting. Instead, they’re using ozone washing machines. How high-tech–and downright cool–does that sound?
5. Norwegian label Anti Denim has teamed up with heavy metal band 1349 for a new collection of limited edition, custom-made jeans that are made to rock out in.
Tags: Anti Denim, Ashley Greene, denim fashion show, DKNY Jeans, Dylan George, eco-friendly jeans, Replay Jeans, tangerine tango