Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Button up! Or down. Eat Sleep Denim rounded up a few cute denim pieces for the ladies that feature (mostly) center front buttons to add a bit of youth to your ensemble.
2. Rag & Bone jumps on the neon denim wagon with a pair of bright yellow neon skinny jeans, reminiscent of mustard squeeze bottles at the hot dog shack of your local childhood playground.
3. The latest range of espadrilles from Rivieras incude an easy-to-wear denim shoe that we think will look good with virtually anything.
4. View the new Scotch & Soda Amsterdam Blaw Spring/Summer 2012 video interview and walk-through. Christian Goran changes his clothes several times, talks about why he doesn’t care about being a good surfer, and discusses his love of flying planes (while you view the collection).
5. Dr. Denim with a quick lesson on why jeans fade:
“Here’s a shot of a piece of warp yarn from a piece of denim. What you see here is that the yarn is deep blue on the outside and that it gradually fades towards the center. What happens when you repeatedly dip the yarn in indigo dye is that the cotton absorbs dye stuff but it does not become fully saturated, i.e. indigo blue through the entire yarn, because of the properties of the dye stuff combined with the tight spinning of the yarn. On the surface, you have a thick layer of indigo which is what you see on an unwashed pair of jeans.
So, when you start wearing your jeans, the surface dye stuff will gradually fade away and as you wear through the jeans, lighter blue shades will become visible. Once you wear through the fabric, you’ll see white cotton showing through.” (via Dr. Denim)
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: button down, Christian Goran, denim espadrilles, indigo dye, men's shoes, neon yellow jeans, rag & bone, rivieras, Scotch & Soda Amsterdam Blaw, skinny jeans, video interview, why jeans fade, yarn dye
These casual-cool Les Jardins De Paris denim espadrilles for men are a breathe of fresh among the slew of fall shoes currently hitting the market. And, okay, though they’re technically from spring 2011 you can totally sport them now and bit more into the fall season. If you want to stray away from the major heavy and chunky shoe trend that’s going on, then these kicks are definitely for you. They will go perfectly with a pair of cool tan cords or khakis, an on-trend plaid shirt, and a cool leather jacket.
Tags: casual denim shoes for men, denim espadrilles, denim shoes, Les Jardins De Paris, spring shoes for fall, spring styles for fall