We just got back from Jeremy Scott’s spring 2012 presentation at Milk Studios with the likes of Waris Ahluwalia and Peaches Geldof (and some dude on roller skates), and we were pleasantly surprised when the first four or five looks came parading down the runway. Head-to-toe denim! It translated quickly into neon colors, cactus-printed fabrics, assless-chaps and other design details that bring you straight back to a ’90s rave in an abandoned barn… but we gotta hand it to him—some of these womens’ denim looks were ready to wear right out onto the street (and we’d wear ‘em)!
Tags: denim bustier, denim corset, denim jacket, denim jumpsuit, Denim On Denim, Jeremy Scott, milk studios, neon, New York Fashion Week, nyfw, Peaches Geldof, spring 2012, waris ahluwalia
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Still looking for the pefect gift for pop? Hudson jeans has an idea! Enter code DADSDAY30 at checkout to receive 30$ off mens denim.
2. Backup dancers Kat Graham was featured in NYLON Magazine in a super-sexy denim corset. We think it looks adorable with her blunt bangs & heavy eyeliner. She’s working on her debut album now, so heads up!
3. Journal de N?mes Japan correspondent Anneke Beerkens has released her book this week—“Fashion Gods – Neo Tribes In The Streets Of Tokyo”. The first copies of this denim-rich book are only available in Amsterdam, but heads up. Something this cool won’t stay away from e-retail for long.
4. We’re still not sure about the new Prada denim bags. But we know Rihanna likes ‘em.
5. If you haven’t heard about the Ass Cam phenomenon yet, check it out. It’s a new way to see exactly whether your jeans make your ass look awesome. We have a feeling these are going to become exponentially popular.
6. This white cut-off shorts snap from Nasty Gal is an awesome example of an elegant summer outfit—heads up for our white denim roundup, coming soon!
Tags: ass cam, backup dancer, denim bag, denim corset, Fashion Gods - Neo Tribes In The Streets Of Tokyo, Japanese denim, Japanese street style, kat graham, nylon magazine, Prada, white cut-off shorts, white denim
Charley 5.0, the denim brand that boasts a singular pair of jeans in their spring 2011 lookbook, wants you to look at denim differently. They’re not releasing a slew of new washes and treatments, or even new fits and approaches to the basic pair of jeans. Their mission is to illuminate denim as an option for all occasions, by construction separates like corset tops and jumpsuits from our favorite textile. The results are hit and miss (we’re not crazy about the soft pleats in the red denim pencil skirt, or the extra-long fringe on the blue jean skirt), but we like where this is going.
See the full lookbook here.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Charley 5.0, denim corset, denim fringe, denim jumpsuit, LookBook, poolside, Spring 2011