Are you a bow tie kind of man? We know a few gentlemen who might appreciate the sartorial accents provided by Italian designer Federico Batelli‘s range of denim bowties, new for Spring-Summer 2012. The “Untitled” collection features bow ties in a variety of indigo, tie-dyed and bleached effects, whether that be in denim or chambray. We’re loving the variety of textures on these portable accessories, worthy of The Sartorialist‘s attention. Now the question remains: how would you style your denim bowtie?
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Cali menswear brand Kent Denim just opened a new shop within a shop inside PAR-LA in West Hollywood.
2. So we’ve heard of denim furniture, but how about denim appliances? Smeg has created a 1950s-style refrigerator made from plasma-coated denim, the FAB28RDB. And apparently it’s not just in looks–the fridge also has a seam stitched in, so it’s just like a pair of jeans (kinda).
3. For the upcoming heat, MET-Denim has some rad pairs of jean shorts that you should definitely check out. We love different prints, washes, and studded accents! Celebs like Pippa Middleton and Alessandra Ambrosio are fans too.
4. We still love denim ties! These Italian-made bowties are made by Federico Batelli, and aren’t just produced from plain old denim. Different patterns, washes, and even bleached denim fabrics are part of the collection.
5. Need denim under $100? Here are some great deals, from Essie nail polish to denim trench coats!
Tags: bleached denim, denim bowties, denim refrigerator, federico batelli, jean shopping, Jean Shorts, kent denim, met denim