Whether you favor cut-off shorts, a pair of clean white jeans, or sun dresses this spring and summer, there’s one shoe that’s sure to pair flawlessly with just about everything in your closet: The You and Tennessee distressed denim ankle boot, by Matisse, available at Free People. This gorgeous, textured shoe is versatile and chic. Wear it with anything. No, really!
Get a pair.
Tags: denim accessories, denim ankle boots, distressed denim shoe, free people ankle boot, free people boots, free people denim
So you’re heading out the door… and you double check your inventory. Keys, phone, ipad, breath mints, makeup, wallet, metro card… got it all? Make carrying your stash a little easier this spring with these functional & stylish spring denim accessories (all for less than $25).
1. Acid Wash Duffle Bag
2. Ditsy Heart Backpack
3. Light Denim Hobo Bag
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: acid wash, back to school, denim accessories, denim bag, hobo bag, Spring trends, tote bag
Every guy needs a fantastic fitting pair of jeans, but it doesn’t just end there. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite accessories for men to take your look to the next level. From watches and wallets to sunglasses and shoes, we’ve done the work for you and put together 12 of our favorite accessories to pair with your best looking pair of denim.
1. Sperry Top-Sider Bahama Chukka Fashion Sneaker ($35) — buy it at Endless
2. Salvatore Ferragamo Classic Double Gancini Cuff Links ($195) — buy it at Bloomingdale’s
3. Jack Spade Sign Leather Bill Holder Wallet ($116) — buy it at Piperlime
4. Polo Ralph Lauren Napa Leather Fleece Lined Gloves ($68) — buy it at Macy’s
5. Burberry Round Watch 40mm ($395) — buy it at Bloomingdale’s
6. Jack Spade Postcard Printed Leather Cape Cod Bill Holder ($168) — buy it at Zappos
7. Ray-Ban Original Aviator Sunglasses ($195) — buy it at Mr. Porter
8. Victorinox Money Clip ($46) — buy it at Zappos
9. Clarks Shoes Original Desert Boots ($120) — buy it at Macy’s
10. The North Face Super Hoback Gloves ($74) — buy it at Zappos
11. Michael Kors Black Watch 45mm ($195) — buy it at Bloomingdale’s
12. Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses ($195) — buy it at ASOS
Tags: denim accessories, men accessories, menswear, shoes, sunglasses, wallets, watches
Levi’s isn’t just using vintage-inspired looks for its Spring/Summer collection this year, they’re literally copying and remaking pages from their previous collections — some as far back as the 1930s! They’ll be giving us all-denim ensembles, raw-looking, loose fits for men and women, and, of course, the ever-present denim trend of the season: overalls. So, guys, order some suspenders; girls, start looking on Etsy for handmade denim hair bows, because this is HAPPENING.
Tags: 1930s denim outfit, 1950s denim outfit, 2012 denim looks, all denim outfits, denim accessories, Denim Overalls, double denim looks, levi's 2010 collection, Levi's Vintage Collection, raw denim
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Heddels kicked off the new year by celebrating the top denim fades of 2011. You’ve heard of food porn, we assume? It’s sort of like that, but with jeans.
2. The Denim Guy set out in search of the perfect denim iPhone case, and seems to have found one he approves of at last, for a mere $22!
3. Remember Rihanna‘s sultry denim bikini photoshoot? The outtakes are pretty hot.
4. Here are some ESD’s favorite denim trends of 2011. Which ones did you subscribe to?
5. Notify Jeans spring 2012 lookbook looks like a series of behind-the-scenes snaps by a curious intern (maybe that was the point?).
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: behind the scenes, denim accessories, denim bikini, denim iPhone case, Denim Menswear, denim trends, raw denim, rihanna
We love handmade gifts (a few of us are even devout DIY-ers here at DT), so when we decided to put together a gift guide this year, we thought, why make one of them a round-up of cool and crafty denim items! This way you support an independent artist/designer by purchasing, or get some ideas to make your own. Check out our picks from Etsy below.
1. Denim wallet ($34) – buy it at Etsy.
2. Fingerless Denim Gloves with Wooden Buttons ($25) – buy it at Etsy.
3. P.S. I LOVE YOU Denim Postcard ($12) – buy it at Etsy.
4. Hand Made Cotton Rag Rug Runner ($110) – buy it at Etsy.
5. Denim Patchwork Sofa ($2,000) – buy it at Etsy.
6. Men’s Denim Neckwarmer ($17.50) – buy it at Etsy.
7. Vintage LEVIS Purple dip-dyed shorts ($60) – buy it at Etsy.
8. Organic denim wrap skirt ($118) – buy it at Etsy.
9. Dark Blue Denim Bowtie ($23) – buy it at Etsy.
10. Denim Tool Apron (for kids) ($12.50) – buy it at Etsy.
Tags: denim accessories, denim bowtie, denim shorts, denim skirt, denim wallet, dip dye, DIY, gift guide, handmade, holiday, shopping guide
DIMITRIS ZOZ is an Italian denim brand with a lot going on. They’re not a jeans company—they produce high quality denim products that extend far beyond the baby blue’s you wear on your legs. Their aim is fashion-forward design that survives the whims of passing trends and seasons, and they execute this through sportswear (workshirts, outerwear, jeans) accessories (tote bags, shoulder bags), a line of denim home furniture, and most recently, a collection of pastel shorts, covered in studs. You may not be ready to commit to a denim couch, but we can bet you’ll wanna rock these shorts in the spring!
See the behind the scenes of their Autumn/Winter 2012 photo shoot below:
Their e-boutique is coming soon—you can sign up for their newsletter for updates. You can also follow them on facebook.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: behind-the-scenes video, denim accessories, denim bags, DIMITRIS ZOZ Denim, spring fashion, studded denim, studded jeans, what to wear
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Guys, if you’re looking for a cool way to lug around your stuff this fall, try the Kero Denim Demon backpack, constructed from naturally tanned hide and 15.5 oz un-signed selvedge denim.
2. Check out this behind-the-scenes video of Michelle Siwy talking denim right at the factory where her own jeans are made.
3. Ever wonder how Wranglers are made, step-by-step? You have? Seriously? You’re in luck!
4. Go behind the scenes where Levi’s Concept Designer Jay Carroll dwells, get some decorating tips, and envy his pillow collection (among other things).
5. Designer Licia Florio’s spring 2012 collection features chambray separates with unexpected design lines, like a cross-over closure open back jump suit and jacket with cascading neckline. Our favorite piece is the abstract collar, constructed from many woven collars. Edgy!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim accessories, denim backpack, Denim Repair, How jeans are made, kero denim demon, levi's jay carroll, licia florio, Michelle Siwy, Siwy Denim, wrangler denim
As a testament to his love for fine dressing, proprietor Matt Fox of Fine & Dandy Shop has released his latest lookbook, featuring dapper fashion for fall. Cleverly integrated into suiting and streetwear for the dandy gentleman, a man can certainly look polished and refined no matter how he chooses to spend his day. Styled by Matt Fox himself, we love how he works denim in without it being “in your face” obvious. Do you have a denim vest, bleached jeans, or a denim shirt? No problem. With the right menswear accessories, your look will be just fine and dandy (pun intended).
Photo credit: Ken Pao. Go to Fine and Dandy Shop online to view the rest of the lookbook.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: dandy style, dapper style, denim accessories, Denim shirts, Fine & Dandy Shop, Fine and Dandy Shop, jeans and blazers, men's jeans, menswear denim