Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We love the David Kahn Spring 2012 video lookbook (it helps that Lana Del Ray’s “Video Games” is our favorite song right now, but the clothes are beautiful too).
2. MiH Jeans made a little tribute post to their recent muse Ruby Aldridge, who has modeled in the Resort and Spring 2012 lookbooks. Check out MiH Resort 2012 and MiH Spring 2012 if you missed ‘em.
3. The Denim Guy posted up some PROJECT NY snapshots—check them out! And while you’re at it, check out the official PROJECT NY wrap-up video.
4. Is it time to wash your jeans? Rawr Denim posted an in-depth guide to when/why/where/how you should wash your raw denim. Remember: it’s not as simple as waiting 6 months! For instance, when you get dog crap on them, all bets are off.
5. Two Rawr Denim links in a row? You bet. These brand new Evisu “Year Of The Dragon” jeans are probably a challenge to style in an non-ironic way, but we still have a serious denim crush on them.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: david kahn, evisu jeans, lana del ray video games, MiH Jeans, Project NY, project show, raw denim, ruby aldridge, The Denim Guy, when to wash jeans, year of the dragon
The new lookbook for David Kahn Jeans has two notable themes: color and texture. The brands serves up California-friendly styles that style-hungry New York women won’t be able to resist, from floral print cut-off shorts to patch work jeans and a range of colored skinny jeans (available in both pastel and vibrant, saturated hues). While they’re riding the alternative-denim wave, there are also plenty of more modest, classic options like dark wash skinnies, medium-wash cropped jeans, and un-intrusive flare legs.
See more below.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: ankle length jeans, California style, colored denim, cropped jeans, cut off shorts, david kahn, denim shorts, floral print denim, skinny jeans, spring 2012 lookbook
Easy A star Aly Michalka (who definitely looks more like a wild “HellCat” in these morning-after style shots) is seen wearing the David Kahn Katharine Trouser while out and about in West Hollywood. We like how she turned a trouser jean into a casual pant with her flats and simple white shirt (although she might need a bit of hemming from Denim Therapy). Grade change for extra credit = A+
Tags: aly michalka, david kahn, david kahn katharine trouser, easy a, hellcat, trouser jeans