We’re big on personalizing denim here at Denim Therapy (obviously), and so we’re also big on custom-made jeans. What you wear is important and, sometimes, you just want to be in control from start to finish. Here’s our guide on where to find people that will custom-make your jeans from scratch–and most of them you can order online!
Offerings: men’s and women’s (skinny, slim, straight, flare, boot cut) jeans, capris, and shorts; customizable rise, thread color, pockets, fabric weight, and fly; black and blue (raw, dark, medium, light) washes; embroidering; distressing options include sanding, bullet holes, paint splatter effects; can sell jeans you’ve designed online
Price: $99 and up
Pros: fun, user-friendly interface; easy to see how your jeans will look every step of the way, with customizations; two weeks to finish; option to make shorts or capris
Cons: sizing relies on self-measurement or pre-made options
Offerings: men’s (slim, classic, relaxed) and women’s (slim, relaxed, skinny, trouser) jeans; plus-size
Price: $175-$185 base price, plus add-ons
Pros: easy-to-use; asks questions about body shape when determining fit; returnable; plus-size option
Cons: sizing relies on self-measurement and measurements limited in selection options and helpfulness; some styles have more options for customization, such as the variety of washes and fabrics available, than others
Location: 15 Mercer St, New York, NY 10013
Offerings: personal consultation with Scott Morrison and 3×1’s Head Pattern-Maker to make jeans entirely to your specifications
Price: $1200 and up
Pros: 100% creative control and customization
Location: Online (ships worldwide!)
Offerings: men’s and women’s jeans in pre-made styles produced to your measurements; add-ons include embroidery, patches, rips, embellished pockets
Price: $49 and up
Pros: price; wide variety of fits
Cons: hard to navigate variety of denim options (i.e. cannot preview wash and style of jeans together); sizing relies on self-measurement
Images via Denim Blog
Tags: 3x1, custom jeans, customize jeans, getwear, INDi, makeyourownjeans
Nameplate necklaces, initial key chains, and a smart phone that greets you by name might be the first few things that come to mind when you think of personalizing your inventory, but now that we’ve got our stellar new monogramming service up and running, you can add on even more customization to your life. Here are 5 ways you can get started.
1. A small, secret monogrammed initial somewhere that will make it easy to identify when your friend tries to pass off the jeans they borrowed as their own. That little “John Doe” in denim-blue will prove otherwise!
2. When giving the gift of denim, what better way to say “me to you” than to monogrammed name or message? Q-T, anyone?
3. On that same note, you could monogram your phone number to your significant other’s jeans so they have no excuse not to call you!
4. Want a secret message on the inside of the zipper that’ll only be seen by you and those you choose? We can do that too.
5. Got a tattoo? This is the same idea! Jeans are like your second skin, so now you can tattoo them with something meaningful the same way you would your own! A date, a name, or a phrase that means the world to you can be emblazoned on the back pocket, the waist band, or just about anywhere else you’d like.
The options are endless, so check out our monogramming service and get brainstorming! Got an idea? We’d love to hear it!
Tags: custom denim, customize jeans, Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, monogramming service, personalize jeans