With all this Katy Perry hype surrounding her divorce and new summer movie, Part of Me 3D, we’ve noticed that this girl really does have a lot of tattoos. But, when you think about it, is marking your body with pieces of candy and names of guys you may not stay married to the best idea? Denim Therapy has a super fashionable solution! We’ll “tattoo” your jeans with names, initials, words — whatever you want in whatever font and color you can think of. Save your skin! Tattoo your jeans! It’s way cheaper, too.
Tags: best denim repair service, custom denim, customized jeans, denim gift guide, denim monogramming, Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, how to fix your jeans, monogram jeans, tattoo jeans
Custom jeans are all the rage right now, as denim shoppers increasingly crave a personalized, made-to-order product that they can really be proud of. A few years ago, the idea of designing your own jeans wasn’t even tangible. Now you have to sort through the various design studios willing to make your custom denim dreams come true. One such company is 3×1, a bespoke denim maker that lets you select your fabric, fit, trims, buttons, pockets, belt loops, and everything else you need to end up with a finished product you can truly call your own creation.
Your meeting begins with the head pattern maker and a team of denim experts who’ve already pulled together some ideas for you to browse, and from there, the sky’s the limit. Custom denim starts at $1,200 and you can learn more about the process here.
Photos by Raffael Flores-Contreras.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 3x1, bespoke denim, custom denim, custom jeans, design your own jeans
Nameplate necklaces, initial key chains, and a smart phone that greets you by name might be the first few things that come to mind when you think of personalizing your inventory, but now that we’ve got our stellar new monogramming service up and running, you can add on even more customization to your life. Here are 5 ways you can get started.
1. A small, secret monogrammed initial somewhere that will make it easy to identify when your friend tries to pass off the jeans they borrowed as their own. That little “John Doe” in denim-blue will prove otherwise!
2. When giving the gift of denim, what better way to say “me to you” than to monogrammed name or message? Q-T, anyone?
3. On that same note, you could monogram your phone number to your significant other’s jeans so they have no excuse not to call you!
4. Want a secret message on the inside of the zipper that’ll only be seen by you and those you choose? We can do that too.
5. Got a tattoo? This is the same idea! Jeans are like your second skin, so now you can tattoo them with something meaningful the same way you would your own! A date, a name, or a phrase that means the world to you can be emblazoned on the back pocket, the waist band, or just about anywhere else you’d like.
The options are endless, so check out our monogramming service and get brainstorming! Got an idea? We’d love to hear it!
Tags: custom denim, customize jeans, Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, monogramming service, personalize jeans
Strolling into a Jean Shop will have you seeing colors, and by that we mean dozens of custom-dyed denim hues you’ll feel like you can’t live without. We strolled into the 14th street Jean Shop location (which is close to Milk Studios, and awesome for street style snapping) and spied these palettes of delectable jeans just waiting to be taken home. Which is your favorite?
Tags: colored denim, custom denim, dyed denim, Jean Shop, New York, polaroids