The thing that sets the most stylish people apart from the rest is not that they have access to some exclusive, unique source of clothing no one else does. It’s that they take the same products everyone else buys and they make it their own. With jeans, this is especially versatile, from distressing to cuffing and beyond.
Below are a few ways you can make your jeans your own this fall.
2. Mix and match denim with your favorite statement accessories, like killer shoes or a bold metallic clutch. Hint: Done correctly, this makes a pair of jeans acceptable in the night life realm.
3. Cuff them up. Whether you prefer a wide thick cuff or a skinny rolled cuff, when you adjust hemlines, the game changes. The a-symmetrical cuffing job above is a tomboyish statement we love (especially when worn with heels). Check out our video on three ways to cuff jeans, below.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Denim shoes don’t have to give you the blues… this grey & red pair from Vans stray a bit from the indigo routine.
2. Dimitris Zoz Denim‘s new website has launched! We featured their studded, colored denim shorts recently as a fun option for spring.
3. Images are out for Velour spring 2012 menswear, and we’re loving the clean, classic style.
4. Guys, need a warm denim workshirt this winter? Want something other than the standard denim jacket/shearling combo? Check out the Iron Heart Blanket Lined 8oz Denim Overshirt. The inside is cotton flannel, the outside is raw.
5. The Denim Guy runs into some controversy from friends & family when he cuffs his jeans. We say go for it, Johnny! But not in the NYC winter.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cuffed jeans, cuffing jeans, denim for men, denim shoes, DIMITRIS ZOZ Denim, Iron Heart Blanket Lined 8oz Denim Overshirt, velour spring 2012, workshirt