Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The Tobi sale on denim (J Brand, 80% off, Nudie 75% off) ends soon. Score some hot jeans for fall at prices you won’t see once the mad rush of back-to-school shopping begins.
2. Why you shouldn’t buy counterfeit denim, and how to spot a fake when you see it. Hint: look at the labels inside the jeans.
3. This one is for the denim fanatics: An up-close comparison of Momotaro vintage label jeans: 0201 vs. 0901.
4. Your newest fall must-have by Levi’s: the blanket-lined trucker jacket. Part of the Union Square Tailor Shop initiative in San Francisco, it’s every bit as amazing as it sounds.
5. Island life keeps getting richer. Diesel Island now has its own soundtrack, including Tokyo Police Club, Spank Rock, and Jarrod Gorbel. The best part? The soundtrack is free! Ask about your free download card at Diesel Stores.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: counterfeit jeans, denim sale, diesel island soundtrack, free download, free music, J Brand, levi's blanket-lined trucker jacket, momotaro vintage, Nudie Jeans, tobi, union square tailoring shop initiative