Missed out on any of our stellar denim coverage this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. We Love The Mister Freedom Striped Denim Tote—Lug your ipad and affects around in this new Mister Freedom denim tote, made with 100% cotton denim twill in a navy-esque blue and white stripe.… Keep Reading! ?
2. Colombiatex Debuts Recycled Plastic Eco-Denim—The Colombian textile industry is revving up for an eco-focused surge in business with the release of “EcoDenim” at the recent Colombiatex Show (the regions largest textile trade show). The textile is partially made from recycled plastic bottles and open the door further for the eco-fashion movement that’s been firing up in the fashion world… Keep Reading! ?
3. Levi’s x Opening Ceremony Exclusively at Levi’s Plaza—We recently wrote about the new Levi’s Chambray x Opening Ceremony collaboration, and now you can nab yourself some at its new brick and mortar location, which quietly opened last month at Levi’s Plaza in San Francisco (1155 Battery St.)… Keep Reading! ?
4. Lindsey Wixson In Moussy’s Spring Campaign—Lindsey Wixson dons head to toe denim for the Moussy spring campaign, and while this doesn’t necessarily make us croon like the Abbey Lee Kershaw Moussy campaign did, we think this one is pretty smokin’ too… Keep Reading! ?
5. Window Shopper New York City: Yellow Rat Bastard—The largest location of the Yellow Rat Bastard chain resides in Soho, NY. The urban street wear line based the concept of their store on a Sin City comic, so the graphic details and dark windows make a lot of sense… Keep Reading! ?
6. Paris Hilton in Black Orchid Denim on Valentines Day—Paris Hilton was seen leaving Boa restaurant on Valentine’s Day wearing Black Orchid’s “Black Majesty Jegging” in Equinox wash, hand in hand with her leading man. We’re loving this super-sweet red and black heart tee… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best denim blog, best denim posts, black orchid denim, Colombiatex, denim news, eco-denim, Japanese denim, Levi’s, Levi’s x Opening Ceremony, Lindsey Wixson, Mister Freedom, Moussy, Paris Hilton, valentines day, yellow rat bastard
The Colombian textile industry is revving up for an eco-focused surge in business with the release of “EcoDenim” at the recent Colombiatex Show (the regions largest textile trade show). The textile is partially made from recycled plastic bottles and open the door further for the eco-fashion movement that’s been firing up in the fashion world. German jeansmaker Werner–Eickelmann was the first to close a deal with the EcoDenim label. If successful this textile will do its part to reduce waste that would otherwise be sitting in the landfills of the earth for 100 years or more. We’d say this is a step in the right direction. Read about recycled-bottle denim at more at WWD.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Colombian textile industry, Colombiatex, ecodenim, recycled plastic, Werner–Eickelmann