The only thing more exciting than going to a huge music festival? Browsing hundreds of festival style pics after the show wraps up! Okay, we digress. There’s something about the open air, pool parties, live music, and a bunch of friends dressed up in festival fan fare that you just can’t beat. But if you didn’t go to Coachella 2012, this is the next best thing. Check out some of the denim street style we loved from around the web.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. As summmer festival season gets going in full swing, you can practice a few super-pretty ways to do your hair for the next big event.
2. Check out the CLOSED limited edition summer colored denim spectrum, available now!
3. We’re pretty obsessed with this shot of Rihanna in studded denim cut-off Levi‘s by Ragged Priest.
4. Denim Blog has a cool DIY denim project that’ll get your plain old denim shorts looking vintage-chic.
5. The DVF and Current/Elliott collaboration comes complete with a witty video.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Closed, coachella, colored denim, Current/Elliott, denim DIY, festival style, rihanna, VinTage
While you probably waded through a hundred different festival style round-ups after Coachella, we’ve saved the best for last. Check out these photos we snapped while our very own Renee was rocking out for three days in the sun. She not only donned a few awesome outfits, but she spotted some great spring & summer denim trends along the way.
“Here I am in neon bathing suit top, NARS lipstick in Heat Wave, True Religion top (love the tiny floral print), and cut-offs that I made from an old pair of Banana Republic jeans.”
“This girl’s crocheted crop top and Topshop high waisted shorts more or less summed up the statement of the weekend. We love the way her skinny belt sits in her over-sized belt loops.”
“These ladies were covering all of the summer trend bases: fedora, cut offs, acid wash, crochet/lace crop tops, florals, fanny packs, cross body fringe bags…”
“Here’s me in floral Anthropologie top and True Religion shorts—these clothes so are good for chilling out, Coachella-style!”
“And finally, my favorite outfit to end the post! A navy blue lace Free People top, Target bathing suit (necessary to layer something underneath there unless you’re a total exhibitionist, which actually isn’t that uncommon at festivals), and True Religion shorts.”
—Renee Sykes & Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Banana Republic, coachella, crocheted top, denim shorts, festival fashion, neon bathing suit, summer denim trends, Topshop, True Religion
In the grand scheme of Coachella style round-ups being posted on our favorite blogs this week (ours is coming along too, stay tuned!), we were happy to stumble upon the number one trend noted by Fashionista of the festive tiny dancers and PYT’s roaming the grassy plains all weekend:
“Denim cut-offs aren’t going anywhere. Yes the reign of the shredded, itty-bitty shorts continue. We can’t say we’re upset!” —Fashionista
We can’t say we’re upset either. Images via Fashionista: Check out their Coachella trend roundup!
Check out our round-up of cut-off shorts for spring/summer if you haven’t already. You’re bound to find something that suits your festive summer style.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: coachella, cut off shorts, denim shorts, denim trends spring 2011, fashionista
When it comes to supplying good style, we know we can always count on Refinery29 to pack a day full of delectable clothes, balanced, chic outfits, and shop links to boot into a day of blog posts. Today is no exception. When our tired eyes spotted this gem of a style resource for festival fashion this morning, Monday got a little bit brighter. In the R29 Coachella street style roundup, you’ll spot everything from denim dresses to destroyed cut-offs. Get clicking—inspiration awaits!
Photos via Refinery29.
Tags: coachella, denim dresses, destroyed denim, festival fashion, Kate Bosworth
Only a few days until pretty young things, punk rockers, and music lovers across the country hop on planes and converge for Coachella Music Festival (our very own Renee included!). If you’re ripping through your closet trying to strike a balance between bohemian-beauty and free-wheeling comfort, or tempted to go in an ankle length dress, you’re at the right spot. We’re churned out three gorgeous outfits with denim as a styling base to outfit you for the wild ride you’re about to have. Rock on!
1. Anthropologie Ganado Scarf ($145) – buy it at Anthropologie.
2. Charley 5.0 Seamed Wide Leg Jeans ($120) – buy it at Nasty Gal.
3. Z BY ZANDRA RHODES Foil printed jersey tank (On sale $54) – buy it at The Outnet.
4. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Big Girl’ Sandal ($150) – buy it at Nordstrom.
5. Chamak by Priya Kakkar Tortoise Crystal Bangle Set ($65) – buy it at Cusp.
1. Siwy Madeline Cut Off Shorts with Exposed Pockets in Sea Breeze ($145) – buyt it at Singer22.
2. DSTM Draped silk chiffon loop scarf (about $135) – buy it at You He She.
3. Diane von Furstenberg Rochelle Print Wrap One Piece ($230) – buy it at Shopbop.
Don’t like the price? Get inspired by this suit and pick a colorful high-contrast one-piece within your budget range!
4. Steve Madden Troopa Black Leather boots ($75) – buy it at Jildor.
5. Band-Aid Desgn’ Adhesive Bandages ($4) – buy it at Soap.com.
1. French Connection Petal Statement Necklace ($22) – buy it at Asos.
2. The Furies Hex Maxi Dress ($165) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
3. Topshop Aztec Print Sleeveless Gilet denim vest ($70) – buy it at Topshop.
4. Sigerson Morrison Twisted leather gladiator sandals ($297) – buy it at The Outnet.
5. Swatch Color Codes “ECRUBELLE” watch ($50) – buy it at Swatch. (Many colors available!)
—Michelle Christina Larsen
P.S. Don’t forget to keep up with Renee and Gordon of Denim Therapy as they chug along on their daily Raw Denim Project. See how their denim is taking shape, and how they’re styling the same pair of jeans every day!
Tags: Bohemian, coachella, cut off shorts, denim trends, denim vest, festival fashion, flare leg jeans, music festival, nasty gal vintage, summer fashion