When you stray from the path of generic blue jeans, most people imagine jumping right into the bottomless pit of “denim couture” (ie: opulent denim wedding gowns). But beyond your regular medium-wash, there is a happy medium of styles that can give your look a quirky edge without feeling overboard. Below are nine unconventional pairs of jeans we scouted on Yoox.com that you might consider befriending for a summer of decidedly different denim style.
1. We wish these would lose the rhinestones, but overall the idea of overlapping, faded, colorful international money printed on denim is pretty awesome. Parasuco International Currency Jeans ($118) – buy it now at Yoox.
2. Flower children may have sported intense floral embroidery all over the surface of their denim affects, but these stone-wash jeans have a feel that’s more ”art nouveau” than “free love”. D&G Floral-Applique Jeans ($225) – buy it at Yoox.
3. Not entirely against the grain of the white denim trend (which we suppose would actually be black), these white-to-mango ombre skinnies will freshen up any dreary outfit. Maison Martin Margiela two-toned gradient jeans ($240) – buy it at Yoox.
4. We’re pretty sure you could throw these into your suitcase wherever you’re headed this summer, so long as there’s a party going on when you get there. Just Cavalli purple floral & leaves print skinny jeans ($150) – buy it at Yoox.
5. A matte metallic beats out any of the shiny, flashy stuff—if not only because you could actually get away with wearing these to the office. Christian Dior matte metallic skinny jeans ($285) – buy it at Yoox.
6. If you want a little rock’n'roll that could still pass as elegant, you’ve got it. Amen. light-wash jeans with chain detail ($360) – buy it at Yoox.
7. An antique-looking ombre of gorgeous summer sky colors awaits—and we love that these aren’t skinny. Galliano tie-died jeans with studs & logo detail ($215) – buy it at Yoox.
8. Tears, bleach, and lots of stitching. These jeans have been through a lot, but they’re going to kill any stage fright you might have had. ROCK STAR destroyed bleached skinny jeans ($155) – buy it at Yoox.
9. This might be the print on your grandma’s couch in Miami, but we’re pretty sure it’s going to look better on your legs. Versace Jeans Couture printed jeans ($98) – buy it at Yoox.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: amen jeans, Christian Dior, d&g jeans, floral denim, Galliano, Just Cavalli, Maison Martin Margiela, parasuco, rock star denim, versace jeans
Timeless and classic beauty Constance Jablonski graces the pages of Spanish Harper’s Bazaar April 2011 looking ever-so gorgeous. She’s featured in a perfectly styled editorial wearing the latest in spring denim by Stella McCartney, Christian Dior, Mango and D&G. We are really loving everything from the denim apron and the boxy denim dress to the paper bag waist jeans. With it’s overall understated neutral allure and subtle sex appeal that keeps it chic, we can’t help but to wonder one thing: is denim the new black? We’ll leave that for you to ponder about! Meanwhile, be sure to infuse your spring wardrobe with a dose of spring denim.
Images via Fashion Gone Rogue.
Tags: Boxy Denim Dress, Christian Dior, Constance Jablonski, D&G, Denim Apron, Mango, Paper bag waist jeans, Spanish Harper's Bazaar April 2011, Spring Denim, Stella McCartney