Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Add Spice to Your Holiday with a Denim Party Dress—Denim might not be your first fabrication of choice when planning glamorous evening attire during the holidays, but if you want to add some edge to your look, we suggest you give cliche prom queen fabrics a goodbye kiss (beneath the mistletoe, of course)… Keep reading! ?
2. We Heart Charlotte Ronson!—Charlotte Ronson is somewhat of an industry sweetheart, and it’s not hard to see why. Standing apart from her rockstar siblings, she quickly established herself with her rock’n’roll fashion label, which took off swiftly after it launched. We had the chance to ask the designer some questions… Keep reading! ?
3. Gifts for Denim Lovers—There’s just under a month left to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list, but if your loved ones are as crazy about denim as you are, you need look no further!… Keep reading! ?
4. BOSS Orange: Street Style Inspiration Direct From The Runway—There is no doubt that street style fashion is at an all time high, and whether we like it or not it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, it’s had such an impression that even many designers have been looking to the streets for inspiration, and HUGO BOSS is no exception… Keep reading! ?
5. Stylish as Folk—In case you needed a quick reminder of how sexy denim can be, in comes bombshell Keke Lindgard in Elle France November 2010, in the Folk Allure editorial… Keep reading! ?
6. Get The Look: Mila Kunis Headlines Nylon Magazine—If you’ve read much about the upcoming movie, “Black Swan” starring Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman, then you know it’s going to be a draw for all the fans who follow these two girls’ every style move… Keep reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best of the week, best posts, BOSS Orange, Charlotte Ronson, denim party dress, gift guide, Keke Lindgard, links, Mila Kunis, nylon magazine, shopping guide, Weekly Round Up
With so many designers paying homage to the seventies for fall and spring, I have to say it was a big breathe of fresh air to see Charlotte Ronson’s tribute to the nineties. No, I’m not talking 90210 nineties, think more Claire Danes in “My So-Called Life” nineties. Cue the ditsy florals, and plaid!
Now before you cringe let me affirm that if grunge could ever be done in a pretty, feminine, and even romantic way Ronsons’ way is it! She showed us the expected nineties staples such as Slouchy sweaters, plaid shirts (tied around the waist, of course), long flowy dresses with floral patterns, loose beanies and scrunched-down socks while modernizing it with tops in sheer fabrics and–somehow–a more clean though very nineties grunge stylistic approach. Each model had long, flowing locks, stringy little braids and nose-rings! Is this bringing back any memories yet?
But wait a second! Grunge–and the nineties for that matter–would have been nothing without denim. Though Ronsons’ collection wasn’t too denim heavy as far as fabric goes she did utilized a lot of fresh denim blue hues throughout the collection. And when it came down to it, the denim pieces she did incorporate were just right! I mean, you can’t have grunge without a denim vest! And what would the nineties have been without overalls, or in this case an overall-esque, ankle length denim dress. Like I said: just right!
Photographs by Andr? Lucat; Style.com
All-in-all Ronson took the best of a decade know for its free and chaotic spirit and managed to produce a collection with the perfect balance between edgy and soft, grungy and (get this) romantic, and most definitely nostalgic but oh so modern.
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: Charlotte Ronson, Grunge Style/Fashion, S/S 2011