1. Pippa Middleton (and her famous bum) look great in white denim skinnies and an aptly-royal blue blazer. This is princess wear and professionalism at its finest.
2. White jeans offer the great option of denim-on-denim looks without worrying about being too overwhelmingly blue. Annalyne McCord pairs her flares with a Western denim shirt.
3. Busy mom Katie Holmes goes casual with a striped shirt and go-anywhere tan boots.
4. Cameron Diaz shows off her edgier style with a head-to-toe white look broken up with a black leather jacket.
5. Model Elle Macpherson pairs her jeans with a punchy orange shirt and earthier hippie accessories, like gold bangles and dark brown sandals.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Woah, how’s this for an in-store promo? Yesterday, at the Mavi store in Berlin, participants were allowed to grab anything for free that they could hold in their mouths.
2. Thanks to The Huffington Post, we can LOL at all the horrible celebrity denim trends with a roundup of the worst celeb denim looks ever.
3. Check out this guide to A.P.C. Denim for detailed info on the most popular denim cuts!
4. San Francisco designer Tommy Pham, behind the line Grp.E, has a new collection of colorful jeans all inspired by cocktails: blue-tini, vodka-cranberry, mojito, and chronic ice. It’s how we feel about nail polish color names–sounds yummy.
5. In Popdust’s latest photo shoot, Amy from band Karmin is wearing an eclectic pair of TopShop skinnies. Definitely loving her printed jeans.
Tags: APC jeans, celebrity denim trends, colored jeans, Mavi Jeans, printed jeans
Our favorite good girl gone bad was spotted a couple days ago in Beverly Hills, taking care of her what seemed to be her daily mundane duties, (ie shopping for luxurious designer clothing, and lavish jewelry). While doing so, the songstress and trendsetter effortlessly rocked a cool pair of J Brand denim cut off shorts with a black and white striped henley by Proenza Schouler. Rihanna who recently has been spotted sporting a new curly do’ pulled the look off well. Pairing it with a clutch by Fendi and suede lace up boots by Giambattista Valli. Our overall verdict on the outfit: We love it! The look can easily be transitioned into the upcoming Fall season, by swaping out the denim shorts for a pair of denim skinnies or wide leg trousers.
Images via celebrityfashion
— Ashlee Mellowes
Tags: celebrity denim trends, denim shorts, Fall 2011, Fendi, giambatista vali, J Brand, Proenza Schouler, rihanna