Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Rihanna’s previous Armani Jeans ad campaign was hit, and now a couple of new images from her most recent photo shoot for the line have been leaked. They look just as sultry, if a little more sweetly seductive (she’s ditched the fierce blonde hair). You can see larger versions of the campaign shots here.
2. For fall/winter 2012, Missoni combined denim and cashmere to create a pair of luxe–and surely super-comfortable–jeans for men, paired with lush shearling coats and thick sweaters. Sounds cozy and comfortable!
3. Looking to replenish your denim stash sans environmental guilt? The Huffington Post rounded up ten great eco-friendly denim lines to check out.
4. Stussy Japan released the lookbook for their spring 2012 collection, which features traditional American workwear for men with an edge (think neon orange hues and bold pink buttons) and graphic pieces, like this rad pair of constellation-printed denim shorts that we love.
5. Abaca is a breathable, durable fabric native to the Philippines. And guess what? They’re starting to be made into denim fabric.
Tags: abaca, armani jeans campaign, cashmere jeans, eco-friendly jeans, Missoni, rihanna, stussy japan
Denim giant J BRAND and international fashion brand L’Agence have launched a limited edition cashmere jean. The charcoal style is based on the ever popular skinny silhouette J brand has mastered. L’Agence has added their own nuance for a downtown chic vibe. The cotton cashmere blend lends itself enough of a stretch to allow for durability, comfort, and a sumptuous warmth. We can’t wait to be curled up in front of the fire sipping on hot cocoa in these lovelies. Available in November at select Barneys New York and CO-OP locations as well as Ron Herman Los Angeles, it will retail for $300.
“The collaboration with Margaret is a perfect fit, and creating this luxurious cashmere jean speaks to the integrity of our designer collaborations,” says J BRAND Founder and CEO, Jeff Rudes. L’AGENCE Creative Director, Margaret Maldonado said, “Denim’s become a staple in every woman’s wardrobe, and I wanted to create a pair of jeans that ring in loud and clear with denim aficionados. J BRAND was the right partner.”
Tags: cashmere jeans, J Brand, j brand and l'agence collab, j brand cashmere jeans, jbrand skinny jeans, l'agence