The very definition of crisp, white denim is an often eschewed in favor of darker shades, when people want a slimmer silhouette. But those who brave this clean look won’t be disappointed–unless, of course, you stumble around in some dirt, wet paint, or another otherwise unwelcome substance. Take inspiration from these celebrities, who wear their white jeans in completely different ways, from Pippa Middleton’s preppy blazer combo to Katie Holmes’s nautical outfit. It’s the simplest way to stay fresh, folks!
1. Pippa Middleton (and her famous bum) look great in white denim skinnies and an aptly-royal blue blazer. This is princess wear and professionalism at its finest.
2. White jeans offer the great option of denim-on-denim looks without worrying about being too overwhelmingly blue. Annalyne McCord pairs her flares with a Western denim shirt.
3. Busy mom Katie Holmes goes casual with a striped shirt and go-anywhere tan boots.
4. Cameron Diaz shows off her edgier style with a head-to-toe white look broken up with a black leather jacket.
5. Model Elle Macpherson pairs her jeans with a punchy orange shirt and earthier hippie accessories, like gold bangles and dark brown sandals.
Tags: cameron, Cameron Diaz, celebrity denim trends, celebrity style, Elle MacPherson, Katie Holmes, pippa middleton, white denim, white jeans
Cameron Diaz (the blonde beauty also known as Alex Rodriguez‘s girlfriend) took to Vertice Studio for a seemingly hysterical visit to the popular Spanish television program “El Hormiguero“. She was there to promote her newly-released comedy “Bad Teacher” (which we didn’t find that funny… her physical comedy was on-point and her wardrobe was banging, but it was just a bit too shallow for us). She had herself a laugh in Raven Denim Mackie Trouser in Regal Wash (it’s a nice change up from her usual J Brand Jeans), with a white top and blazer. She also wore a gold cuff bracelet to add a bit of luxe to the look. She will also be starring in “What to Expect When You’re Expecting“—and we expect more excellent fashion as we anticipate that film!
Tags: alex rodriguez, bad teacher, Cameron Diaz, cameron diaz in raven denim, el hormiguero, what to expect when you're expecting
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. A denim boutique in the UK called Donna Ida is running the Adidas Women’s 5K Challenge in support of the children’s charity Jeans for Genes—an organization that funds research for the care of children with genetic disorders.
2. Now is the time to jump on the colored denim summer trend, with these deeelicious colorful styles in cut-off shorts from J Brand!
3. The Lucky Denim Fall lookbook is out, and features lots of cute cuts and strong, saturated washes.
4. This 5th Requisite Fall 2011 preview brings a bit of that geek-chic into the ladie’s wardrobe (the style we’ve been crazy about on guys lately).
6. Check out this video slideshow of the ever-androgynous Agyness Deyn filling out the shoes of James Dean for Elle magazine.
7. Cameron Diaz promotes her new movie, Bad Teacher, in white cropped J Brand skinny jeans.
Tags: 5th requisite, adidas women's 5k challenge, agyness deyn, Cameron Diaz, colored denim, Elle Magazine, fall lookbook, geek chic, J Brand, james dean, skinny jeans, summer trends, white denim
Cameron Diaz struts her perfectly toned “gams” for the June cover of Maxim Magazine. Photographed by Gavin Bond, the editorial features Diaz in some tantalizing and mischievous positions, as she recreates the clich? of a naughty professor for her upcoming movie Bad Teacher. Hosing down a classic Mustang in short shorts and a knotted midriff baring plaid shirt, Diaz makes mundane activities like washing the car, look like a piece of cake. We love the cuffed denim shorts paired the open toe heels and the seductive red lip, Diaz’s loose sexy tousled waves finish off the look and once again, Diaz is the envy of all high school girls and the drool factor for all the boys.
Images via Denimology.
— Ashlee Mellowes
Tags: Cameron Diaz, denim shorts, Gavin Bond, Maxim Magazine june 2011, plaid & denim, plaid shirt
There is a point where every professional woman wonders if she can pull of the pink denim look, and Cameron Diaz has something to say about it! No need to look fruity or too-cute. Her Rag & Bone salmon-colored skinny jeans are the perfect compliment to her impeccably tailored off-white blazer and loose white tank. Scroll down to try this look yourself!
Cameron’s salmon-colored Rag & Bone jeans are exclusive to intermix, but we’ve chosen a lighter pink jean for our outfit breakdown. Scroll down to see which one works for you. The key to colored-denim outfits work is pairing the jeans with casual and/or tailored separates in neutral tones. Here, Cameron’s loose knit top in white, tailored blazer and sandals create an overall image of a professional lady in vacation mode… and you know how much we love vacation mode!
1. MARC BY MARC JACOBS pink jeans ($185) – buy it at YOOX.
2. PHI long silk-crepe tank (on sale for $45) – buy it at The Outnet.
3. Calvin Klein One Button Blazer ($129) – buy it at MACY’S.
4. ELLIOTT LUCCA Capella woven leather hobo bag (on sale for $103) – buy it at Lord & Taylor. Tight budget? Try this Forever21 woven leather bag for under $30!
5. Disney Couture “Little Mermaid” Gold-Plated Fish Jaw Necklace ($60) – buy it at Endless.
6. Nine West Captivate sandals (on sale for $27.97) – buy it at Piperlime.
—Michelle Christina Larsen & Jackie Racer
Tags: Cameron Diaz, intermix exclusive, pink denim, pink jeans, rag & bone, rose jeans, salmon jeans
Cameran Diaz in 7 For All Mankind
Kate Beckinsale in Dylan George
Don’t we all wish that we could toss out the phrase “recession proof” from our fashion vocabulary? Well, I would say that it would be prudent to think otherwise. Be a little green, recycle a beloved pair of jeans and reinvent your look with this summer’s hottest trend, the distressed jean. So, make the best of what you’ve got and copy Cameran Diaz and Kate Beckinsale’s great distressed jean look by D.I.Y.
D.I.Y. instructions to create your own distressed jeans
(Source – Life & Style):
Tools needed: Wood block, pumice stone, utility knife.
Step 1: Start by placing a block of wood inside the pant leg, under the area to be distressed.
Step 2: Slice a fabric horizontally with a utility knife at several spots on each leg.
Step 3: Rough up fabric by rubbing with a pumice stone.
Step 4: For extra shredding, pick threads apart with a pin. Washing and drying before wearing will further distress the rips.
Tip: Rips should be random and different on each leg. Shred one shin but not the other. Vary the width of the tears as well.
But, if you don’t have the time like me, the following are jeans that Cameron and Kate are wearing as well for less.
7 For All Mankind
7 For All Mankind Roxanne Slimmer Skinny Jeans with studs, $235 (as seen on Cameron Diaz)
Dylan George Lucy Low Rise Skinny Jean in Czar wash, $209 (as seen on Kate Beckinsale)
Celebrity Pink Distressed Boyfriend Jeans, $39
Forever 21 Leslie Frayed Skinny Jean, $29.80
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, Cameron Diaz, Celebrity Pink, Distressed Jeans, DIY, Dylan George, Forever21, Kate Beckinsale