Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. 50% off at Brooklyn Denim Co., final markdown on items in-store. If you’re in Brooklyn, drop in! 85 N 3rd St. #101 Brooklyn, NY 11211 p. 718.782.2600
2. Check out photos of the Alexander McQueen McQ collection at Atrium NYC—the men’s denim pieces are sporty-meets-punk rock.
3. Celebs Kristen Bell and Julianne Hough were spotted making a difference at the DoSomething.org and Aeropostale ‘Teens For Jeans’ launch party. The program raises awareness of the teen homelessness problem across the country.
4. Buffalo David Bitton announced that Kym Maas has joined the company as Chief Merchandising Officer. Read more about her new role at The Denim Guy.
5. Kult Magazine’s September 2011 Issue features a pretty cool denim editorial, featuring Franziska Müller.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Alexander Wang, atrium nyc, Brooklyn Denim Co., buffalo david bitton, DoSomething.org, Franziska Müller, Kult Magazine, Teens for Jeans
Welcome to your afternoon dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Here’s a great ready—Frank Pizzurro of Brooklyn Denim Co (located in Williamsburg) talks best sellers, private label plans, and the future of denim.
2. Genetic Denim is teaming up with Gabrielle’s Angel foundation in support of cancer research. Until December 31, 2011, any purchase made online at Genetic Denim will receive 10% off with coupon code Angel11. 50% of these proceeds will go directly to Gabrielle’s Angel foundation.
3. Check out the MiH Milan Hutton worn three different ways—modern, sleek, and sexy!
4. The Anachronorm Indigo Henley is a unique denim shirt with gorgeous neckline button detail and craftsmanship that speaks for itself. It retails for $160.
5. The Converse fall 2011 lookbook is a super fun look at youth culture, cool shoes, and a few reasons jeans get ripped.
Tags: Anachronorm Indigo Henley, Brooklyn Denim Co., Converse fall 2011 lookbook, Frank Pizzurro, Gabrielle's Angel foundation, Genetic Denim, MiH Milan Hutton
Wednesday night Nudie Jeans Co & Brooklyn Denim Co threw a party in Williamsburg to celebrate the arrival of new Fall/Winter styles instore, sponsored by Death + Taxes Magazine, Budweiser and Vitamin Water. The line was stretched around the block of eager denim and music fans waiting to get inside, where in-demand bands Porcelain Raft and Oberhofer were getting ready to perform. Lydia from The Swede Beat performed a bangin’ DJ set before the bands took the stage. To say some trend-setting denim looks showed up in the crowd would be an understatement. Check out the party pics below. Watch Oberhofer performing here and check out Porcelain Raft performing here!
Photos by Nicky Digital via Nudie Jeans Co Facebook (see more photos there!)
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Brooklyn Denim Co., death + taxes magazine, Nudie Jeans, oberhofer, party pics, porcelain raft, williamsburg
Maybe it’s been a bit chilly outside lately, but a denim aficionado can’t let a little weather get in the way of a good sale, right? Brooklyn Denim Co. is having a 50% off sale on select fall-winter merchandise, which includes denim jeans, outerwear, sweaters, belts, and more. No coupon needed. Just go and shop to your heart’s content. Oh, and if you need any help with finding the right jeans for you, the super nice people at Brooklyn Denim Co. (ask for Kenny or Frank) are at your service!
— Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Brooklyn Denim Co., denim deals, denim sales, fall-winter sale, jeans sale
Posted Jan 28 2011 in Sales