Welcome to your afternoon dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Current/Elliott just released new men’s styles—a great range of basics for fall. We love the slim straight leg in dark grey wash.
2. True Religion is releasing a limited edition pink colored skinny jean for Breast Cancer Awareness this month.
3. AG Jeans is doing awesome, even in the face of the weak economy. Their sales are up more than 30% since last year.
4. Jared Leto is wearing an Acne jacket in British Vogue December 2011, photographed by Terry Richardson.
5. Heddels has a great Q&A with Naked & Famous’ Brandon Svarc—apparently he used to love import Japanese cars until The Fast & The Furious came out and “ruined it”.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Acne Denim, AG Jeans, Brandon Svarc, breast cancer awareness, British Vogue, Current/Elliott, denim news, Jared Leto, mens denim, Naked & Famous, pink colored skinny jeans, terry richardson, True Religion
In the latest British Vogue, spring sees a heavy dose of minimalism, and denim is at the forefront of its proclaimed off-duty essentials. This fun editorial makes us want to jump into its pages with one of our favorite models, Sasha Pivovarova for a raucous good time in spring denim must-haves. We love, love, love that denim is highlight of this minimal look. From the jean work shirts (which are a debated “essential” on our facebook page) to the oversized jeans and even the boxy double denim ensemble that caps off the set!
View the full editorial on supermodels.nl.
Tags: Boxy Double Denim, British Vogue, Denim shirts, Editorials, March 2011, Minimialism, Oversized Jeans, Sasha Pivovarova