Welcome to your afternoon dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Current/Elliott just released new men’s styles—a great range of basics for fall. We love the slim straight leg in dark grey wash.
2. True Religion is releasing a limited edition pink colored skinny jean for Breast Cancer Awareness this month.
3. AG Jeans is doing awesome, even in the face of the weak economy. Their sales are up more than 30% since last year.
4. Jared Leto is wearing an Acne jacket in British Vogue December 2011, photographed by Terry Richardson.
5. Rawr Denim has a great Q&A with Naked & Famous’ Brandon Svarc—apparently he used to love import Japanese cars until The Fast & The Furious came out and “ruined it”.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Acne Denim, AG Jeans, Brandon Svarc, breast cancer awareness, British Vogue, Current/Elliott, denim news, Jared Leto, mens denim, Naked & Famous, pink colored skinny jeans, terry richardson, True Religion
In support of Breast Cancer Awareness month this October, GUESS?, Inc. will be releasing three limited edition items from their GUESS and GUESS by Marciano collections to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. This is Guess’ sixth year partnership with Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. Guess has pledged a guaranteed minimum of $25,000 in donations to the cause through products sold in this campaign. The watch featured here retails for $105 (20% in proceeds from the sale of this watch goes to the charity). For more information on what products are being offered, which include a cool tee shirt and bracelet, plus more information on how you can help, go to GuessbyMarciano.com.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: breast cancer awareness, cancer awareness, charity, Guess, Guess jeans, Susan G. Komen