Winter is a great time of year to rock that jeans and boots look, no matter what type of boots or fit of jean. With the right pair of jeans, you’ll have months of hassle-free street style looks. For ankle boots, wear cropped jeans or try cuffing them with a thin cuff for a delicate look. Skinny or boyfriend jeans work. For tall boots, wear denim leggings or skinny jeans. They stay in your boots better and are less likely to pinch. Avoid wearing slim or boot cut jeans if you want to tuck them in. You want a sleek silhouette. Now, all you have to do is throw on the perfect knit top or wintry coat to complete the look.
Frye Jane 14L Boots / Aquazzura Czarina Knee High Boots / Steven Intyce Boot
Modern Vintage Allison Chunky Booties / Zara Wide Heel Ankle Boot / Ash Chloe Platform Booties
ASOS Album Ankle Boots / Jeffrey Campbell France Wrap Boots / Dolce Vita Fury Bootie
Fiorentini & Baker Wrap Ankle Boots / AllSaints Widow Buckle Boot / Rag & Bone Knee High Newbury
Forever 21 Platform Booties / Alexander Wang Kamila Bootie / DV by Dolce Vita Marko Harness Boot
Tags: ankle jeans, boot cut jeans, cropped jeans, jeans, skinny jeans, what to wear with boots, wide leg jeans, winter fashion, winter jeans
We caught a look of Replay and Sons Fall 2011 Lookbook and well, safe to say we know what we’re getting our favorite little ones this holiday season! They have all of our Replay favorites, but in pint-size versions! The faded, distressed denim gives the jeans an extra bit of flare that goes with all the fun that is kids fashion, without being too overwhelmingly cutesy. Whether it be your standard boot-cut jean, overalls, or jean skirt, these items are all great options for any boy or girl as they are staple pieces that can be mixed and matched. The best thing about this collection though is how easy it is to match the looks to your own style–we mean who doesn’t love a good jean skirt and tight combo?
Images via Denimology.
Tags: boot cut jeans, Denim Overalls, Distressed Jeans, fur vests, jean skirt, kid's denim, kids jeans, knit hats, replay and sons
While many of us may dream of winning the lottery, the reality is that times are tight, and we know that. But just because you’re living on a budget doesn’t mean your wardrobe has to suffer. There are a ton of cool jeans out there that have a great fit, are on trend, and are affordable—yes it is possible! We’ve rounded up 12 pairs that range in color, print, wash, and cut, so you can find the ones that are perfect for you. And hey, for less than $50, treat yourself to as many as you want!
1. American Eagle Outfitters White Skinny Jean ($39.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online .
2. Forever 21 Colored Skinny Jeans ($22.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
3. Levi’s Jeans Seamed Skinny Sequoia Twill ($35.00)–buy them at Macy’s.
4. Divine Rights of Denim Leopard Skinnies ($29.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
1. American Eagle Outfitter Midnight Indigo Skinny Jean ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
2. American Eagle Outfitters Antique Destroy Skinny Jeans ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
3. Forever 21 Premium Denim Jean with Ankle Zippers ($27.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
4. &Denim Slim Jeans ($29.95)–buy them at H&M.
1. American Eagle Outfitters AE First Edition Trouser Wide Leg Jean ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
2. Gap 1969 Super Lightweight Skinny Boot Jeans ($34.99)–buy them at Gap.
3. Gap 1969 Mid-Weight Buckle Trouser Jeans ($29.99)–buy them at Gap .
4. Levi’s Jeans Flap Pocket Flare Jeans ($45)–buy them at Levi’s.
Tags: affordable jeans, American Eagle, blue jeans, boot cut jeans, colored jeans, dark-wash jeans, Distressed Jeans, flared jeans, Forever 21, Gap, green jeans, H&M, leopard jeans, Levi's, light wash jeans, skinny jeans, white jeans, wide leg jeans
First off, we just have to say that we LOVE the Artisan de Luxe Women’s Spring/Summer 2012 Collection. This line has everything that we love about denim, like how easy it is to have it be the clothing that lets you really express who you are. There is no skinny jean in sight for this collection, and we don’t have a problem with that at all (we mean it, they are EVERYWHERE!). Instead they have boot cut and flared styles that are extra special thanks to simple whisker detailing and distressing. Our real favorites though have to be the high-waisted denim shorts with the leather fringe pocket and jewel applications around the waist. Coming in at a very close second though are the cut-off denim shorts that have a peace sign print down one leg–so cute and trendy without being over the top. Keep an eye out at the Artisan de Luxe Online Shop for when this amazing collection becomes available in the next coming months.
Images via Denimology.
Tags: artisan de luxe, boot cut jeans, cut off shorts, distressed denim, flared jeans, leather fringe, peace sign, spring fashion, summer fashion, whiskered jeans
Gilt City New York offers 50% off sought-after merchandise and early sample sale access (read: VIP shopping!). Whether you’re looking for boot-cut, skin-tight, relaxed-fit or high-rise, James Jeans has the perfect pair of denim for you. Check out their sale right now on Gilt City. It’s free to join, but if you don’t have access you can still shop the goods at the Sample sale! See details below.
Tags: boot cut jeans, denim sample sale, gilt city new york, high rise jeans, James Jeans, james jeans showroom sale, online denim sale
Last Friday, Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour stepped out in a pair of J Brand “914” low-rise cigarette leg jeans in Ink while attending the Sony Ericsson Tennis Open. This was not the first time she has been seen in public wearing jeans. A few years back, Anna wore jeans at a basketball game, tucked into her boots. What do you say? Did Anna rock her denim look?
You can get Anna’s jeans online at J Brand.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Anna Wintour, boot cut jeans, celebrity fashion, fashion editor style, J Brand
Olivia Wilde was not playing “House” whilst she was seen wearing Henry & Belle’s “Signature Bootcut” jeans in Dark Vintage over the weekend. Clad in a sophisticated Boho ensemble, we love how she’s mixing in a few vintage-inspired pieces: the camel hand bag, scuffed boots and a cute floral corsage bracelet—very Victoriana! Her tarnished key necklace adds a little adornment while keeping everything toned down and casual.
Olivia exudes confidence with her “thrown-on” look which actually mixes different natural hues together without being overly matched. You can create your own signature City Boho look by throwing on a favorite bracelet or neck charm.
GET THE LOOK
1. We’re loving this slightly sanded, slimming boot cut jean. Henry & Belle Signature Bootcut ($152) – buy it at Henry & Belle.
2. Sometimes, a girl just wants a small purse that holds everything! Robe di Firenze Classic Leather Handbag ($269) – buy it at Forzieri.
3. A simple blazer adds a tailored touch to a casual ensemble. Urban Renewal Vintage Boys Blazer ($48) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
4. When real flower corsages won’t do, then try one that’ll last longer. Chiffon Flower Wrist Corsage in Coral Pink ($12) – buy it at Etsy.
5. Get that vintage vibe with a comfy ankle boot. Leather Sandstorm Boot ($188) – buy it at Madewell.
—Jackie Racer & Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: boot cut jeans, celebrity fashion, City Boho, etsy, Forzieri, get the look, Henry & Belle, Madewell, Olivia Wilde, Urban Outfitters, vintage style
Kristen Bell was seen wearing Henry & Belle’s “Signature Bootcut” jeans in dark vintage wash while out in West Hollywood last week. Not too many celebrities have been spotted wearing the Henry & Belle brand, but she wears them well! Bell is going with the wide leg trend of the moment like many of her celebrity peers, this time in an army green/gray combo. We’re so enamored with her on-screen skills that we don’t mind her looking a little dazed & confused… need help finding your car keys, Kristen?
Image via Superior Pics.
For a casual cool look that you can wear all day, opt for a comfy classic bootcut, a big bag, and a serious pair of heels to get some stomping done. And don’t forget to check those vest pockets for your keys.
1. Stay toasty for those urban safaris. Eddie Bauer Safari Utility Vest in Safari Green ($79) – buy it at Eddie Bauer.
2. Every girl needs that basic, large hand bag. ASOS Pocket Front Totebag ($62.76) – buy it at ASOS.
3. A bootcut jean is a no-brainer and flatters most figures. Henry & Belle Signature Bootcut in Dark Vintage ($152) – buy it at Henry & Belle.
4. When basic pumps just won’t do, try a sporty covered platform to keep the tootsies warm. Jeffrey Campbell Lita in Brown Distressed ($159.95) – buy it at SoleStruck.
—Jackie Racer & Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: boot cut jeans, cargo vest, get the look, Henry & Belle, Kristen Bell