Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. You might need to take a breather after watching this Joe’s Jeans video–it makes printed denim look hot, hot, hot (which, in case you didn’t know, it already is for fall).
2. In her latest music video, for the new song “Girl Gone Wild,” Madonna wears BLK DNM‘s Jeans 8 in DLNCY BLACK. Stretchy, high-rise, and danceable? Good to know we have some Material Girl-approved dancing denim options!
3. Diesel‘s “Our Glory” men’s denim collection launched last week in San Francisco, complete with a performance by PAPA and lots of awesome pieces made from vegetable indigo and shuttle looms.
4. Can’t wait to see this! J Brand is planning to open its first flagship stores in the next 15 months in New York and London.
5. Get your hands on David Bitton’s new premium denim line, aptly named DAVID BITTON, for clean, sophisticated (and oh so colorful) jeans.
Tags: BLK DNM, david bitton, Diesel, fashion video, J Brand, Joe's Jeans, Madonna, printed denim
Johan Lindeberg’s BLK DNM scent, Perfume 11, is described as a unisex scent embodying “black amber, birch tar, and soft musks (base notes) blend with incense, fir balsam (mid notes) and finally cardamom (top notes) to create a peppery blend.” These scents, say Lindeberg, are based on various memories (women) from his past. But what does it really smell like? The Denim Therapy team tried it out. Three out of three present team members agreed, it reminds one immediately of juniper trees. And we like it.
Get your bottle at BLK DNM.
Tags: BLK DNM, Johan Lindeberg, perfume 11, perfume review
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. 7 For All Mankind is having their big winter sale, with 40-50% off a huge selection of denim & fashion. It began yesterday in-store and online, so jump on it.
2. Selectism is giving away a bottle of BLK DNM’s new fragrance! Enter here.
“The New York based online brand, which offers a direct to sale model to consumers has garnered a serious following in the city and beyond. Their Perfume 11 is the latest addition to their offering. It is a true unisex fragrance which mixes in various scent memories from Lindeberg’s past.”
3. PRPS increases their denim menswear for spring 2012—both rugged and curiously light-weight in aesthetic.
4. MiH Jeans‘ capsule collection for pre-spring 2012 is all about gorgeous medium-wash blue denim, cropped colored jeans, and a laid-back luxe style.
5. We’re all for “Guess which celebrity ass” games, but we’d rather not see this one while we’re eating breakfast.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, BLK DNM, celebrity denim, cheap jeans, denim on sale, discount jeans, MiH Jeans, PRPS spring 2012, winter sale
Were you at the BLK DNM grand opening early last month? For those of us who weren’t, here is behind-the-scenes footage, shot by Marius Crowne, of the store opening, from set-up to flowing vodka. Keep your eyes peeled, because Johan Lindeberg is seen in several shots chatting up his guests.
While you’re there, the ladies might want to check out Jeans 6 for women, which is a high rise jean, and Jeans 15 for men, which is a slight drop-crotch for men, with fuller thigh openings which narrow at the ankle. Hurry: this is reportedly a temporary store, which might be open for another week or two more. BLK DNM’s New York City store is located at 237 Lafayette Street, New York City. For more information, go to BLK DNM online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: BLK DNM, BLK DNM New York City Store, Johan Lindeberg
Besides working on collecting your carefully-cultivated denim collection, wouldn’t a new pair of BLK DNM sunnies be a great addition to your ?ber-stylish fashion cache? Just released today: BLK DNM eyewear can be purchased at BLK DNM online and at the J. Lindeberg flagship store in New York City. The sunglasses come in Wayfarer styles in tortoise, blue and black lenses. We certainly think the sunglasses are imbued with Lindeberg’s essence (he wears Wayfarers enough!). Of course, you can also get your Swedish denim smorgasbord on at Johan Lindeberg’s store at 237 Lafayette Street, NYC.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: accessories, BLK DNM, BLK DNM Eyewear, J. Lindeberg, Johan Lindeberg, sunglasses
BLK DNM has a wall full of ads posted up on a construction site in Tribeca, informing passers-by of a pop-up shop open now at 237 Lafayette (between Prince & Spring streets). The contrast white & red ad lists artists and designers featured in the BLK DNM gazette—names like Waris Ahluwalia and Terence Koh—available at the pop-up shop. The brand recently threw a chic downtown soiree to celebrate the release of the gazette. You can see some photos of the retail space at the BLK DNM website, and check out a preview of the gazette here.
Tags: BLK DNM, gazette 1, nyc, pop up shop, Terence Koh, waris ahluwalia
“I think jeans have gotten away from the original meaning, that symbol of freedom; they’ve gone gimmicky and turned into a status item. Our denim is offered at lower price points for that reason. As far as the men’s clothing in the collection, it’s basically my wardrobe. I think men’s clothes should be grounded, strong and classic. I like simple: a blazer, jeans, a low cut tee and maybe a silk scarf.”
-–Johan Lindeberg of BLK DNM
Quote via GQ.com
Tags: BLK DNM, denim designer, denim news, denim quote, GQ, Johan Lindeberg
Utilizing an alternative medium to debut his new BLK DNM collection, famed Swedish fashion designer Johan Lindeberg (of J. Lindeberg) has produced a short film to captivate his fashion audience. You may recall Lindeberg also made headlines several years back with his ad campaigns featuring the likes of Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode and actress Juliette Lewis. Directed by Danish filmmaker Martin De Thurah, “Short Film 1″ presents the BLK DNM collection in a mesmerizing and surreal cinematic package, complete with a soundtrack and enough emotion to bring a sort of Street Style realism (not cinema verit?) which is in conflict with fantasy-ridden runway shows walked by models in restrained emotion. Showcased are BLK DNM’s edgy, downtown cool that sparks a bit of elegant rebellion: zippered leather jackets, square-shouldered blazers and high-rise stretch jeans for women. Lots of leather jacket options, trousers and a straight leg and slim fit jean for men. Also look for denim shirts.
Watch BLK DNM’s short film at NOWNESS. Get semi-instant gratification: you can shop BLK DNM now!
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: BLK DNM, Dave Gahan, Depeche Mode, fashion film, fashion video, J. Lindeberg, Johan Lindeberg, Juliette Lewis, Martin De Thurah, Short Film 1