Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The Selvedge Yard, PRPS, and Triumph Motorcycles teamed up to create the limited edition blackbird jean, and Scott Toepfer shot some awesome images of the jeans in action on–what else?–a kick-ass motorcycle.
2. We love denim sneakers and we love these versatile kicks from Levi’s sneakers, made in collaboration with Levi’s Japan. Their Hi Cone Denim Vulcanized Sneaker is half-made with stone washed denim.
3. Bleulab‘s opened its first retail store in Japan, located in the Harakuju District–but only for 45 days.
4. Check out this editorial from the May 2012 issue of Women’s Health, featuring Brooklyn Decker wearing a pair of True Religion cut-offs.
5. Printed shorts for summer? That’s what Paige + Liberty features for their latest collection, with tons of springy florals.
Tags: bleulab jeans, brooklyn decker, cut-off denim shorts, denim collaborations, denim sneakers, floral jeans, paige + liberty, True Religion
Loved by the Kardashian sisters and celebs like AnnaLynne McCord and Keri Hilson, Bleulab provides fully reversible denim, for double the styling fun with each pair of jeans. None of their new jeans and shorts look like your basic blue denim–instead, you can pick from a range of coated pastels, dusty lace prints, snakeskin skinnies, and metallic animal print shorts. We know it might be tough to incorporate these looks into your everyday life, so look out for our upcoming style guide on how to wear some of our favorite pieces from the new line!
Images via Denim Blog
Tags: animal print jeans, bleulab jeans, bleulab reversible denim, coated denim, kardashian sisters, metallic denim
When it comes to wow-factor, Bleulab Reversible Denim is on the top of everyone’s list, from the ladies in our office to celebs and downtown socialites whose style we adore. They come out with intense combos, like acid wash lace print on one side, and coated pink waxy finish on the other (think splash of Pepto-Bismol on a lacy dress, except you’re wearing it, and it’s gorgeous). When we caught a glimpse of what they’ve got in store for next season, we had cartoon-hearts in our eyes. After covering basic trends like animal prints and faux-skins in the fall line, they went all-out superstar with metallic silver, cracker leather, and electric red. But it’s not all novelty: they’re offering a perfect dark-wash flare leg jean.
For spring, the palette goes saturated and light with electric candy colors like violet and lime. Shorts are printed in florals and oversized houndstooth. Snakeskin reappears in a lighter, cropped style. Light wash jeans and acid wash are rampant (and look amazing). And don’t forget—every jean has a totally different interior for flipping inside-out and wearing all over again. Two amazing pairs of jeans for the price of one. Our absolute favorite? This shimmering line of metallic teal and violet snakeskin shorts. We are literally clawing at our laptop screens.
Check out more of the Bleulab collection below!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: animal print, bleulab jeans, bleulab reversible denim, coated denim, fall denim trends, metallic denim, snakeskin