With just one look at the covetable bright blue reptile print jeans, we had to see what was up with Black Orchid Denim. As you may recall from their sultry Fall/Winter 2011 campaign, Black Orchid has a knack for raising the bar on sexy jeans. For Spring-Summer 2012, we notice a bit more of an eclectic mix of vintage wash looks and colorful prints (a girl likes to have options!), inspiring Boho style, Western, glam, rocker and some ethnic-tribal patterns.
Check out Black Orchid Denim on Facebook to stay updated and watch their new campaign video!
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: black orchid denim, Bohemian style, boho-chic, edgy jeans, ethnic prints, glam style, sexy jeans, tribal style, western style
Denim Therapy’s founder Francine recently scored herself a pair of celeb-approved Black Orchid denim jeans in dark wash with a studded back pocket detail. Here’s what she had to say when she tried them on!
What was your first thought when you tried them on? Halle Berry wishes she looked as good as I do in these jeans!
Where/when would you wear these? Comfortable enough I can wear from day to night and always feel like a rock star.
How’s the fit? They’re low rise skinny jeans but don’t feel very tight which is great.
Tags: black orchid denim, black orchid review, celebrity denim, comfortable jeans, denim review, Halle Berry, low rise skinny, Rock Star Jeans
Black Orchid Denim takes us behind the scenes on their recent photo shoot for their Fall-Winter 2011 lookbook entitled “Voyeur.” Remember the eye-candy photos from our previous feature on Black Orchid’s Fall 2011 photoshoot? We’ve now got the video. Featuring a model whose smokey glances could burn a hole through the camera lens, she can certainly show the ladies (and gents) how good it feels to be in a pair of Black Orchid jeans, whether they were skinny ankle jeans, zipper jeans or metallic jeans. With Sade’s “Smooth Operator” setting the mood for the shoot, which takes place in and around a gentleman’s club, we see the model posing not only as a guest, but teasingly as a performer.
Want to see more? Go to Black Orchid Denim online for more information.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: black jeans, black orchid denim, black orchid jeans, denim lookbook, denim video, metallic jeans, skinny jeans
From the moment we introduced you to Julien Jarmoune, the master mind behind the coveted denim brand- Black Orchid with an obscene amount of a celeb cult following, we knew you were going to be love struck as hard as we were. Now we’re bringing you the behind the scenes look at Black Orchid’s Fall 2011 photo shoot. The collection is beyond sultry and sexy—and obviously doesn’t fall short in design either! Scroll and enjoy the eye candy!
Tags: behind the scenes photo shot 2011, black orchid denim, black orchid denim fall 2011, celebrity style, cult following, Julien Jarmoune
Missed out on any of our stellar denim coverage this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. We Love The Mister Freedom Striped Denim Tote—Lug your ipad and affects around in this new Mister Freedom denim tote, made with 100% cotton denim twill in a navy-esque blue and white stripe.… Keep Reading! ?
2. Colombiatex Debuts Recycled Plastic Eco-Denim—The Colombian textile industry is revving up for an eco-focused surge in business with the release of “EcoDenim” at the recent Colombiatex Show (the regions largest textile trade show). The textile is partially made from recycled plastic bottles and open the door further for the eco-fashion movement that’s been firing up in the fashion world… Keep Reading! ?
3. Levi’s x Opening Ceremony Exclusively at Levi’s Plaza—We recently wrote about the new Levi’s Chambray x Opening Ceremony collaboration, and now you can nab yourself some at its new brick and mortar location, which quietly opened last month at Levi’s Plaza in San Francisco (1155 Battery St.)… Keep Reading! ?
4. Lindsey Wixson In Moussy’s Spring Campaign—Lindsey Wixson dons head to toe denim for the Moussy spring campaign, and while this doesn’t necessarily make us croon like the Abbey Lee Kershaw Moussy campaign did, we think this one is pretty smokin’ too… Keep Reading! ?
5. Window Shopper New York City: Yellow Rat Bastard—The largest location of the Yellow Rat Bastard chain resides in Soho, NY. The urban street wear line based the concept of their store on a Sin City comic, so the graphic details and dark windows make a lot of sense… Keep Reading! ?
6. Paris Hilton in Black Orchid Denim on Valentines Day—Paris Hilton was seen leaving Boa restaurant on Valentine’s Day wearing Black Orchid’s “Black Majesty Jegging” in Equinox wash, hand in hand with her leading man. We’re loving this super-sweet red and black heart tee… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best denim blog, best denim posts, black orchid denim, Colombiatex, denim news, eco-denim, Japanese denim, Levi’s, Levi’s x Opening Ceremony, Lindsey Wixson, Mister Freedom, Moussy, Paris Hilton, valentines day, yellow rat bastard
Marking a return to retro style with wide leg and boot cut fits while incorporating the slimmer cuts that the brand has become known for, the Black Orchid Spring Summer 2011 collection truly offers something for everyone. Infused with an of-the-moment bohemian vibe, there’s a variety of unique, flattering, and versatile pieces that are perfect for every occasion and ensembles. What’s the driving force behind it all? A sexy and comfortable mix according to designer Julien Jarmoune . He says, “These are jeans that can be dressed up or down…and go with absolutely everything. It is a perfect combination of form and function.” Versatility is key! Here are our favorite images from the Spring Summer lookbook:
For more on Black Orchid be sure to check out the Black Orchid Denim Website.
— Jackie Racer & Sandoval Gomez
Tags: black orchid denim, Boot Cut Denim, Julien Jarmoune, LookBook, sexy comfortable mix, Spring Summer 2011, wide-leg denim
Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Denim Therapy launches group therapy—Denim Therapy has decided that it’s time we start offering group therapy—with the launch of our new referral program! Now when you repair your jeans with us, you can earn DenimDollars by referring your friends… Keep Reading! ?
2. Diane Kruger Covers Glamour in Denim— Instead of couture gowns, we are seeing a lot of celebrities like Diane Kruger, gracing the covers of magazines in denim fashion. For Glamour Magazine’s March 2011 issue, readers are treated to a buffet of denim looks from J Brand, Diesel, Balmain and other brands… Keep Reading! ?
3. Extroverted and Shameless Minimalism: Cheap Monday S/S 2011 Lookbook—In an attempt for the brand to go with something different altogether from design to aesthetic, founder, creative director, and denim designer of Cheap Monday, ?rjan Andersson, stands in front of the camera for the new Spring Summer 2011 lookbook… Keep Reading! ?
4. Sao Paulo Fashion Week: Gisele and Ashton Walk Colcci Inverno 2011—Leaping from Paris and Milan Fashion Week, we hop on over to S?o Paulo Fashion Week (SPFW) where iconic Brazilian brand, Colcci just closed out their Inverno 2011 (winter 2011) runway show last Sunday. Gisele B?ndchen also returned to the catwalk, making her comeback of sorts as the face of Colcci… Keep Reading! ?
5. Get The Look: Alessandra Ambrosio in Black Orchid—While preparing for a recent trip to South America, Alessandra Ambrosio ran errands in Los Angeles wearing Black Orchid’s Black Jewel skinny jeans in the flattering grey ash wash… Keep Reading! ?
6. Window Shopper New York City: Paige USA—A stroll past the Paige windows in Soho, NYC (can you believe we were even out strolling in the midst of snow-pocalypse?) revealed a fun spread of celebrity gossip-esque magazines opened to pages full of the rich and the famous going about their business in Paige denim… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best denim, best denim blog, black orchid denim, Cheap Monday, Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, Diane Kruger, Glamour Magazine, paige usa, referral program, window shopper