2. The collaboration between Lane Crawford and Japanese label White Mountaineering is limited mainly to Hong Kong and Beijing distribution, but the awesome Black Dyed Denim Shirt from the limited production run can be purchased via Lane Bryant starting at the end of January.
3. Versace goes wild and glamorous like nobody’s business, and the label’s fall 2012 menswear collection is no different, featuring jeans covered in large golden rivets, jackets accented with neon fur, and half-denim, half-leather hybrid pants. Check out the full collection here.
After poring over images of pristine clothing photographed on models posing static and sitting in one place, it’s easy to forget that clothes are meant to be moved in. That’s why Play Me Jeans’s fall/winter 2011 lookbook is a breath of fresh air (no, really). You can’t help but smile at how acid-wash skinnies or printed, distressed denim shorts look when running, jumping, leaping, and contorting–so fun! The men’s options are far from boring either. Cropped jodhpurs? Studs, leather swatches, and black denim rolled into one pair of pants? There’s only one word to describe looks like these: cool.
Images via Denimology
Tags: acid wash jeans, black denim, Denim Menswear, distressed denim shorts, Jodhpurs, play me jeans, printed denim
A pair of Pierre Balmain jeans may not cost you $2000, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less awesome than its higher-end older sister. The label is far from Balmain-lite and doesn’t scrimp on the same edgy aesthetic that makes the fashion community go gaga. Just check out their spring 2012 lookbook! We love the classic (but super fierce) combination of high-contrast blacks and whites because it’s hard not to make a statement. Snejana Onopka models the mix of cropped cigarette jeans, zebra prints, motorcycle jackets, zippers, and crisply cuffed shirts, all while sending a clear message: go big, go bold, or go home.
Images via DenimBlog
Tags: black denim, Cropped Cigarette Jean, Pierre Balmain, Snejana Onopka, white denim, zippered jeans
With a dapper-to-the-core, suave fifties vibe, James Jeans men’s spring 2012 lookbook shows off chill and wearable denim that you could easily imagine James Dean rocking in the 21st century. The “Clay” and “Machine Selvage” styles look great with plain white T-shirts (for when you’re fixing up your Harley, obviously), while perfectly tailored midnight black jeans, like the aptly-named “Black Night,” look polished with slim ties and crisp collared shirts. And for the more adventurous, their collection even offers black-coated denim, so you can look like a badass in multiple styles and washes, even if you don’t own a motorcycle.
Images via DenimBlog
Tags: black denim, coated denim, Denim Menswear, james dean, James Jeans, men's jeans, men's shorts, spring 2012 lookbook
Don’t know what to get your guy this season? Check out the messenger bag that came from a collaboration between the Japanese brand NEXUSVII and New York’s own Manhattan Portage. It is made out of black denim, so it has a really minimalist look to it and will be durable all winter long, whether he’s lugging around schoolbooks or his iPad! Also remember that as rain and snow (ugh!) are upon us, denim is a great choice for bags as it won’t get ruined like suede or leather would. While this bag is similar to the regular Manhattan Portage messenger bag, this one comes with extra pockets so he’ll definitely have enough room for all of his little gadgets. And the best part about it? It can totally work for girls too, so a gift for him can turn into a gift for you too!
Images via Highsnobiety.
Tags: black denim, Japanese denim, Manhattan Portage, messenger bag, NEXUSVII
Etsy has done it again! Just when we were getting concerned that the world of denim accessories was losing steam, we found one that is perfect for men AND women: a black denim iPad case! Not only do we love it because it is made from the loveliest of fabrics, but the bold red stitching really sets it apart from your normal iPad accessory. Topped off with a funky black, red, and white printed lining, you’ll get automatic cool points from techies and fashionistas alike! (Now that is hard to do!) Reinforced with velcro and foam to make sure your iPad stays out of harm’s way, there is nothing left to worry about besides the impending theft from your soon to be jealous friends.
Images via Etsy.
Tags: black denim, denim accessories, denim iPad case, etsy, iPad, iPad accessory, iPad case, red stitching, velcro closure
Black is Back, according to WWD, who reported yesterday that black denim (and black fabrics in general) will be a strong player in Fall 2011‘s palette, which included far more colorful prospects last year. The article read, “Forget brights. Whether it’s sleekly coated or richly over-dyed, this moody hue is “the” color of denim for fall.” We guess that means you can wear your Bleulab black-coated reversible denim shorts right into fall with a pair of tights! What, you didn’t enter yet? Get on it!
Tags: black clothing, black clothing trend, black denim, fall denim trends, fall fashion 2011
On Oscar weekend, Mad Men‘s January Jones was snapped at the Chanel pre-Oscars party in a Chanel dress and a TEXTILE Elizabeth and James denim jacket. We thought she was pretty daring at first, until we found out another actress, Emma Stone, also dressed similarly. Is this a new trend emerging, you may ask? Time will tell, but we’re always up for trying something a bit glam and rebellious, just like January.
Images via Zimbio.
When a girl loves her denim jacket, let no man put asunder! Try the go-to denim jacket with a multitude of black dinner dresses and decide for yourself what works for you.
GET THE LOOK
1. A white denim jacket is a delicate daytime alternative for January’s look. J Crew Nolita White Denim Jacket ($98) – buy it at J Crew.
2. If you must wear a denim jacket with an evening gown, try a black one on for size. Current/Elliott The Snap Jacket (on sale for $214.20) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. The quilted handbag is a Chanel signature, but we think this one is cute, too. Michael Kors Quilted Cross Body Bag ($214.50) – buy it at My-Wardrobe.
4. If you do go with a maxi dress, we suggest something more figure-loving. MARC by Marc Jacobs Swirl Stripe Jersey Dress ($278) – buy it at Bergdorf Goodman.
5. You can still get that halter look, but who says it has to cover your fabulous gams? LOFT Convertible Halter Knit Dress ($49.50) – buy it at LOFT.
6. If you don’t dare to wear a see-through lace number like January’s Chanel dress, try sporting sexy lace on your feet! Gianni Melani Lace Calfskin Ankle Bootie ($478.30) – buy it at My-Wardrobe.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Academy Awards, black denim, Chanel, denim jacket, halter dress, halter gown, January Jones, Mad Men, Oscars, parties, Unknown (2011), white denim