As an experienced cyclist, you know you’re not going to wear fall’s trendy wide leg jeans while you pedal your way through town, now, were you? Unless you want to snag and rip your jeans—and if you do, there’s always Denim Therapy—you might want to try some more practical, yet chic stretch denim jeans that will embrace (not strangle) and stretch where needed, as you breeze past some other dangerous curves. Which is why we rounded up five pairs of jeans for women who want to look cycle chic and unencumbered when it’s time to snap ahead of Sunday drivers on a weekday rush hour.
Whether you’re on manual power or going moto, we think these jeans can suit any mood and add spice to your weekday commute.
1. New for fall: dark brown jeans with a hint of shine will add polish and rocker appeal. HA-67 Kate Legging jeans in Brown Shine ($112.80) – buy it at Jeans.com.
2. These may not be raw denim, but you get that look with a 3% stretch for comfort while creating bicycle seat fades. Nudie Jeans High Kai unisex jean in Rinse wash ($179) – buy it at Tobi.
3. Also available in black, these high-rise denim leggings will protect you from back drafts. Old Navy The Rock Star High-Rise Jeggings ($34.95) – buy it at Old Navy.
4. Stand out from the sea of nondescript cyclists. Current/Elliott Stretch Ankle Jeans in Purple wash ($168) buy it at Nordstrom.
5. Great with boots or heels, these jeans will take you from work to Happy Hour in style. Mother Mid-rise skinny jeans in black ($200) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
Photo via Face Hunter.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: bicycle fashion, commuter fashion, cycle chic