Some like their denim crisp and new, others like it with well-worn vintage vibes. It’s safe to say Free People is a brand that masters the latter of these aesthetics, and their indigo shop is a denim-lovers dream. From ’70s inspired wide leg jeans and jean overalls to indigo dyed scarves and canvas shoes, you’ll find a piece of magic to add to your wardrobe this season. There’s even a matching top and bottom that brings the denim on denim look to a chic new level. Shop our favorite Free People denim picks below.
Halloween is right around the corner, and if you’re like us, you’ll probably be pulling together a costume frantically the day before. But whether you’re aiming for sexy, scary, or just plain awesome, denim is one no-fail ingredient for a Halloween costume that everyone will love. Need some ideas? That’s why we’re here!
1. Saved By The Bell! For couples, Zack Morris and Kelly Kapowski were the king and queen of jeans at Bayside High.
2. Rawr! A group ensemble based on the cast of Jurassic Park has everything from button-down jean shirts to teens sporting high-waisted mom fits.
3. Rock’n’roll! If you wanna go blue on your own, consider a simple James Dean jean get-up paired with gelled hair, a crisp white shirt, and a leather jacket. Ladies, copy this look verbatim and you can just tell people you’re Lady Gaga dressed as Jo Calderone.
4. Game much? The Mario Bros had the industrial look down to a T with overalls and amazing handlebar mustaches. Who wouldn’t want to wear their look?
5. Hey ya’ll! Diasy Duke‘s short denim cut-offs and tied-up crop top plaid shirt are still an obsession for young women the world over. So forget about modesty. Find yourself a cute button-up top and bare those legs.
6. Peace out! Hippies wore denim all the time and made the world re-think who wears them, and when. Represent a major turning point in the history of jeans by dressing like you parents in the ’60s!
—Sarah Greene & Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: belly bottom jeans, daisy duke, Denim Overalls, halloween costume ideas, hippie costume, james dean, jurassic park, Kelly Kapowski, mario bros, saved by the bell, zack morris