As we love to say, there are times when more is definitely more but for the most part we like to keep plain and simple, which is probably why we love Bassike (pronounced basic) so much. Always presenting us with the perfect wardrobe staples from asymmetrical-bias cut tees to beautifully aged denim, one thing we definitely never are when it comes to the Sydney-based brand is underwhelmed. This is especially true for what they have in store for the Spring Summer 2011 season. Incorporating just the right amount of trend, you’ll especially love the cropped denim vests and jackets that are great for the perfect double denim look. But have a look for yourself! Here are a few of our favorite images from their Spring Summer 2011 Look Book.
Its no secret that some of the biggest must-have items the last few seasons have been basics. From t-shirts to t-shirt dresses, tanks, cardigans, henleys–you name it–these simple stables have been key items in many collections, and therefore many wardrobes. With stores such as American Apparel taking this trend to astronomical heights, and with designers such Alexander Wang and Robert Geller launching lines focusing on a more streamline and essential look, its safe to say that we’re getting back to basics. But what does that mean? Well, for starters, collections based on basics mean lots, and lots, of separates. That means you can pick and choose what you want and mix it in with your personal wardrobe. Think of all the great things you can pair with your jeans! Here are a few of my personal favorite basics roaming around, that I know will look perfect with all your denim:
1. Try a short sleeve sweater in a tee style with any pair a jeans for a more casual look.
2. Layer this great T by Alexander Wang top with an oversized cardigan, tuck those jeans into some boots and you’re good to go for a great Fall look!
3. This plunging scoop-neck t-shirt from Mary-Kate and Ashley’s The Row is great for any day of the week.
4. Glam up any pair of jeans with this Balmain sequins tee for a night out on the town or a date!
5. Try an American Apparel basic v-neck with a high waisted denim skirt for a flirty ensemble.
6. Short, long, heathered or sheer, T by Alexander Wang has a selection for any occation.
How are you wearing your basics? What jeans go best with these timeless staples? Share with us, we want to know!
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: Alexander Wang, American Apparel, Balmain, Basics, Robert Geller, T by Alexander Wang, The Row