Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Cheap Monday is opening its first stand-alone store in the UK on the 17th (that’s Friday). Rumor has it they’ll be big celebrations surrounding the opening, including a party bus.
2. Denim Hunt is featuring the Visvim “Social Sculpture Weld” shirt as their item of the week. It’s a basic denim workshirt with a leather pocket detail (a zip mimmics a welt finish). Pretty cool.
3. Read an exclusive interview with Kiya Babzani of Self Edge on Rawr Denim—he speaks about how denim appeals to all social classes and cultures, rockabilly denim trends, and how he wants to bring Japanese 7-11 to the US.
4. J Brand is releasing new shades in the Houlihan cargo pant: Vintage Tigers Eye, Vintage Plum, Vintage Carnard and Creamy White.
5. Armani Jeans introduced an environmental collection for spring 2012, including colored denim and pastel hues in their well-known sportswear aesthetic.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Armani Jeans, basic denim workshirt, Cheap Monday, colored denim, Houlihan cargo pant, J Brand, leather pocket detail, Visvim "Social Sculpture Weld" shirt