Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. A/W 2011 Menswear: Balmain Homme—One menswear collection (or wardrobe as designer Christophe Decarnin prefers to call it) that we could not go without making a big fuss out of is without a doubt Balmain Homme… Keep Reading! ?
2. Denim Insider: Twelve Years of Frankie B. Jeans—In February, Frankie B. Jeans will mark its 12th year anniversary, and we thought it would be fitting to talk to Daniella Clarke, the founder who started out DIYing her own jeans as a teenager by ripping out the waistbands… Keep Reading! ?
3. Who Wears Short Shorts? Natalia Vodianova!—We’re obsessed with the eerie mood of this denim-hued ’70s/circus inspired editorial featuring Russian beauty Natalia Vodianova, shot by by Paolo Roversi… Keep Reading! ?
4. AW 2011 Menswear Round Up Part 1—Color, colore, couleur! From Milan to Paris, the Autumn-Winter 2011 Menswear shows were vibrant, bursting with color, both hot and muted, perhaps in an attempt by haute couture designers to break out of the usual winter black and grays… Keep Reading! ?
5. Nowhere Denim, Nowhere League—We’re obviously obsessed with anything reminiscent of 90s grunge, so it’s no wonder why we love this editorial from the latest issue of Sportswear International. Shot by Jimmy Fontaine and styled by Karen Levill, this moody adventure sets these Dr. Marten-wearing young things in the middle of nowhere parading around in the apathy of their youth… Keep Reading! ?
6. Fergie in Black Orchid Ankle Buckle Skinny Jeans—Fergie was spotted in Los Angeles wearing Black Orchid’s “Black Jewel Ankle Buckle” skinny jeans in Fog wash. Joined by husband Josh Duhamel (we love the matching black leather jackets, love birds!)… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Balmain Homme, best denim blogs, best denim posts, black orchid, denim editorial, Fergie, Natalia Vodianova
One menswear collection (or wardrobe as designer Christophe Decarnin prefers to call it) that we could not go without making a big fuss out of is without a doubt Balmain Homme. And though we would much rather have seen these ultra layered looks walk down a runway, we have to admit thislookbook is pretty amazing. There is a huge emphasis on outerwear in this collection, including everything from blazers to huge oversized military coats–a big trend for Fall. Naturally, the brand’s signature paneled biker jeans are back, however a much more simpler, straight-leg and much loser fit has been added to into the mix, which we love. One thing is certain: Decarnin can do no wrong. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, any man wearing his styles will certainly look really good and is sure to get noticed.
View the full lookbook on Style.com.
Tags: Autumn/Winter 2011, Balmain Homme, Christophe Decarnin, Fall 2011, Fall Trends, LookBook, menswear, Military Coats, Outerwear, Paneled Biker Jeans