When it comes to fashion icons for women, Audrey Hepburn is the penultimate clean, classic style inspiration–and we’ll still look to her for notes on how to pick our denim. We can totally imagine her wearing this collection of slim black pants, graphic printed jean trousers, high-waist shorts, and classic blue jeans. Add a preppy collared shirt, flats, a perfectly arched eyebrow, and you’ll get this look down pat.
Check out our round-up of jeans for a modern-day Audrey below!
1. Nudie Jeans Indigo Tube Kelly Jeans ($180) — buy it at SSENSE
2. Gucci Ankle Length Jean ($559) — buy it at farfetch
3. Burberry Aberfell Black Cropped Jeans ($195) — buy it at Burberry
4. A.P.C. Raw Petit Standard Jean ($175) — buy it at La Garconne
5. ASOS Super Soft Black Overdye Skinny Jeans #4 ($53.72) — buy it at ASOS
6. Topshop Moto High Waist Stripe Shorts ($64) — buy it at Topshop
7. Gianni Versace Vintage Printed Jean ($360) — buy it at farfetch
8. Chloé High-rise wide-leg denim pants ($179.20) — buy it at Net-A-Porter
Tags: Audrey Hepburn, black jeans, classic jeans, high waist shorts, printed jeans, wide leg jeans
One of the most enduring figures in style remain Audrey Hepburn, a legendary film actress and style icon. Today, Denim Therapy celebrates her birthday (she would have been 82 today) and recognizes her contributions in fashion which span beyond the original little black dress. Perhaps the memory of her in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is forever burned in our minds, but her long film career also brought denim style inspirations from films like “Sabrina” and the lesser-known “Two for the Road.” Happy birthday Audrey!
Top: Audrey Hepburn flanked by Humphrey Bogart and William Holden for “Sabrina”. Bottom: Audrey in “Two for the Road” (left) and “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”.
Images and screen grabs via IMDB and YouTube.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Audrey Hepburn, audrey hepburn black dress, audrey hepburn style and fashion