You think you can’t wear colored denim this fall? Think again. Ashley Tisdale was spotted taking a lunch break on the set of Scary Movie 5 in Atlanta (yes, can you believe there’s another one?), wearing a pair of Tractr Jeans Natalie 5-pocket in Paprika ($84). They fit really well on Ashley (who stands at a petite 5’3″ height). We’re digging this muted hue for that much cooler weather we’re hoping to see soon. Tractr Jeans are all priced under $100. You can find a similar pair by Raven Jeans in Remy. Will you be wearing Autumn spice jeans this season?
Tractr Jeans is a new women’s denim line launched Spring 2012, spun off from Tractor Jeans, a Junior’s denim line for girls. Photos courtesy StarTraks Photo.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Ashley Tisdale, autumn spice, colored denim, fall jeans, paprika jeans, petite jeans, skinny jeans, Tractr Jeans, trendy jeans, winter jeans
Many celebs partake in questionable dressing, but we believe in rewarding the ones who look good and taking fashion cues from them. In the pursuit of collecting style inspiration, we rounded up nine fresh denim outfits we adore. From Zoe Saldana’s classic neutral look to Ashley Tisdale’s boho-infused styling, each lady wears radically different denim pieces, paired uniquely to fit own individual style (while looking super-cute). Phew, no sartorial clones here!
1. Clean, classic, and simple. Zoe Saldana makes neutrals work in her favor with a black, white, and nude look, anchored together by Rag & Bone’s Leggings in Midnight.
2. This ombre shirt? Oh, how daring! Of course Kate Bosworth pulls off 7 for All Mankind’s Denim Button Down Shirt, with a smattering of her trademark vintage-y accessories.
3. With her Current/Elliot Floral Skinny Jeans, Katie Holmes utilizes the printed denim trend in a look well-suited for a busy lady on the go. To make this slightly girly outfit even more denim-friendly, she throws a denim shirt atop her floral jeans. We approve.
4. Brazilian model Ana-Beatriz Barros perfects polished weekend looks with J Brand Leather Leggings in Red. The textural contrast of her coated denim jeans against a mohair sweater proves that opposites attract to create truly interesting outfits.
5. Just like the flavor of its namesake, mint-colored denim is oh-so-refreshing and big this season. Aided by the graphic stripes of her shirt, Ali Larter looks mod with her Black Orchid Jeans in Mint Julep. We’d all be so lucky to look this good while picking up our Special K.
6. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley epitomizes model-off-duty city wear in her Etoile Isabel Marant Adam jeans (try these Cheap Monday Narrow Jeans for a similar look), oversize knit sweater, chunky suede booties, and wake-me-up coffee fix. Even if you’re not a model, this super-cozy outfit is super chill.
7. Ombre hair might be too wild for your taste, but you easily can achieve boho-tinged style by rocking loose, distressed jeans (like Theyskens’ Theory boyfriend-fit). Take styling cues from Ashley Tisdale, who wears her All Saint’s drop-crotch jeans with a floppy hat, fringe boots, and bright red bag.
8. You know how we feel about Jessica Alba‘s colored denim collection, and we are big fans of this hot mama’s weekend look. She wears a pair of Kate Spade Broome Street Jeans, but we’ve pinpointed a pair of SOLD Spring Street Red Skinny jeans that would look equally cute for a colorful day at the playground as out on the town.
9. For the launch of Chinese Laundry Denim, Shenae Grimes wore a denim jacket from the line with a pair of harem pants and a bra top. We give her props for exposing her midriff in a trendy and cute way, without being too revealing. The key is in that denim jacket! You can’t find the one she’s wearing in stores yet, but this Heritage 1981 Zip Up Denim Jacket will work to the same effect.
Tags: ali larter, ana-beatriz barros, Ashley Tisdale, coated jeans, floral jeans, Jessica Alba, Kate Bosworth, Katie Holmes, mint green jeans, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, shenae grimes, Zoe Saldana
Here’s an outfit you can try this week! Ashley Tisdale was spotted wearing an RVCA Denim Vest with a super cute tribal print dress and some studded ankle boots at the 2011 Day of Beauty held at the LA Children’s Hospital earlier this month. Her outfit is the perfect mix of casual and pretty, and it’s super easy to mimic if you want to try it out this week. Check out our outfit breakdown below.
1. HIGHWAY Womens Collared Vest ($24.99) – buy it at Tilly’s.
2. Blu Moon The Planet Pink Exile Dress ($84) – buy it at Planet Blue.
3. Isis Cool Necklace ($53.99) – buy it at ModCloth.
4. Diestel wire-wrapped turquoise pendant ($9.98) – buy it at ALDO.
5. Forever21 Slouchy Studded Ankle Boots ($32.80) – buy it at at Forever21.
Check out the original outfit below, via Denim Blog.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Ashley Tisdale, ethnic print, get the look, LA Children’s Hospital, Planet Blue, RVCA Denim Vest, tribal print