5. The new year may have started, but we haven’t forgotten 2011 (yet). According to Advertising Age, Rihanna’s Armani Jeans ad campaign was voted the sexiest of the year. You can’t deny there’s something seriously smoking about skinny jeans, a leather jacket, and RiRi. It’s not rocket science.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Tangerine tango is the freshest color of the new year (according to Pantone, at least) and Dylan George‘s mid-rise skinny jeans are way ahead of the 2012 curve with their Keira style in coated mango.
2. As a face of DKNY Jeans, Ashley Greene unveiled her simple, pared-down spring 2012 ad in Times Square. It’s hard to get any bigger than that!
3. Take a moment to forgive yourself for the sins of denim outfits past. Then watch this 1987 JC Penney Fashion Flash video and LOL at the “pulled-together denim looks” without a hint of guilt.
4. In eco-friendly denim news, Replay Jeans now replicates the look of worn-in, vintage jeans with a “Laser Wash” that utilizes no water and no sandblasting. Instead, they’re using ozone washing machines. How high-tech–and downright cool–does that sound?
5. Norwegian label Anti Denim has teamed up with heavy metal band 1349 for a new collection of limited edition, custom-made jeans that are made to rock out in.
Tags: Anti Denim, Ashley Greene, denim fashion show, DKNY Jeans, Dylan George, eco-friendly jeans, Replay Jeans, tangerine tango
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Check out Armie Hammer on the cover of the October issue of Details Magazine, in the Jake Jacket in Clip wash by AG. Looking sharp!
2. Earnest Sewn dropped their latest style of twill jeans for men—a few new hues in their most popular fit, The Fulton. With closure options and a bit of stretch, this is a great jean for fall. Check out the full spectrum of colors.
3. Jane Aldridge from Sea Of Shoes wears an incredible Ralph Lauren denim patchwork jacket from spring 2006 season—and we love the way she’s interpreting it.
4. Here’s a denim pick we can’t stop daydreaming about—this MiH jeans button-up Melbourne denim skirt is the ultimate fall wardrobe staple, and it’s worth the $185 investment.
5. Twilight star Ashley Greene is the new face of DKNY, via one year contract to represent their denim line. Says Ashley, “I’ve always loved Donna Karan’s creations. To be a part of the brands’ message is incredibly exciting because it feels like such an organic fit.”
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: AG Jeans, Armie Hammer, Ashley Greene, denim news, denim skirt, Details Magazine, DKNY, Earnest Sewn, Jane Aldridge from Sea Of Shoes, MiH Jeans, Ralph Lauren denim patchwork jacket, Twilight Saga, twill jeans for men
I hear you, girl! It’s no time like the present to chill out. Twilight Saga star Ashley Greene is looking cool as a cucumber, rockin’ her teeny little Debonair Shorts by Paige Denim. The Debonair Short is a trouser short in a crisp khaki wash.
Ashley was seen holding hands with “just friends” Joe Jonas while out shopping in Los Angeles this week.
— Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Ashley Greene, Paige, Twilight Saga