Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Woah, how’s this for an in-store promo? Yesterday, at the Mavi store in Berlin, participants were allowed to grab anything for free that they could hold in their mouths.
2. Thanks to The Huffington Post, we can LOL at all the horrible celebrity denim trends with a roundup of the worst celeb denim looks ever.
3. Check out this guide to A.P.C. Denim for detailed info on the most popular denim cuts!
4. San Francisco designer Tommy Pham, behind the line Grp.E, has a new collection of colorful jeans all inspired by cocktails: blue-tini, vodka-cranberry, mojito, and chronic ice. It’s how we feel about nail polish color names–sounds yummy.
5. In Popdust’s latest photo shoot, Amy from band Karmin is wearing an eclectic pair of TopShop skinnies. Definitely loving her printed jeans.
Tags: APC jeans, celebrity denim trends, colored jeans, Mavi Jeans, printed jeans
A new year and a new denim closet revamp is in order, no? Vogue just released their first denim must-haves list of the year, featuring a shortlist of head-to-toe denim gets for under $500. From denim shoes by Michael Kors, Alexandre Birman and SEE by Chloe, to a refreshing take on the jeans skirt by Scully Denim, we’re certain you’ll find some inspiration here. We think 2012 is the year that denim detractors may just be swayed to slip on a pair of jeans. Because, after all, Vogue certainly thinks jeans are lust-worthy.
Images via Vogue.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 3x1, Acne, Alexandre Birman, APC jeans, Balenciaga, Citizens of Humanity, Current/Elliott, denim list, Edun, Elder Statesman, Genetic Denim, jeans under $300, Levi's Jeans, Michael Kors, Michelle Moynahan, rag & bone/jean, Scully Denim, See by Chloe, True Religion, Vogue