Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The Denim & Supply holiday 2011 collection features some seriously cool patchwork denim jeans for guys & gals. The women’s jean has some tartan plaid thrown in for good measure. If you’re into infusing a little punk rock into your look, this is one way to do it.
2. Rawr Denim has a great write up on Railcar Fine Goods—a California-based raw denim brand that builds each pair of jeans with hard-to-come-by craftsmanship.
3. For the men in the audience, here’s the perfect compliment to raw denim this fall—Gargyle just got a stock of S.N.S Herning fine wool knitwear from Denmark in to browse.
4. We thought the Topshop American flag shorts were a passing fad of summer, but if Rihanna’s still rocking them, you can bet you’ll see them live on into fall.
5. See actress Amber Heard (best known for her recent role in The Rum Diary) in a pair of medium wash David Kahn jeans on the cover of Women’s Health magazine.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Amber Heard, american flag shorts, david kahn jeans, denim & supply holidau 2011, Railcar Fine Goods, raw denim, rihanna, S.N.S Herning Knitwear, the rum diary, women's health magazine
This one goes out to all the gals waiting in the wings for the first day of 70-something degrees & sunny (that beautiful moment where it becomes okay to wear short shorts in public sans-lace biker shorts). We’ve got the ultimate spring/summer denim cut-off shorts roundup to really get you in the mood. From dip-dyed DIY one of a kind to the standard blue jean classic (and we couldn’t help ourselves… we had to throw in a little Balmain too), there’s something in here for all the ladies who like to show a little leg! And don’t be discouraged if it’s not quite warm enough to rock these. That just means you have a couple more weeks to hit the gym.
1. Vintage Puple Blue Studded Short ($96) – buy it at Runway Dreamz.
2. True Religion Joey High Thigh Denim Shorts (about $332) – buy it at Jades24.
3. Balmain Frayed Denim Shorts (about $910) – buy it at Mrs H.
4. Vintage Yellow Dyed Denim Short ($91) – buy it at Runway Dreamz.
5. CURRENT/ELLIOTT Sugar Destroyed Denim Shorts ($225) – buy it at Style Bop.
6. KSUBI Mid-rise raw-edged rigid-denim shorts ($170) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
7. MinkPink Desert Fox Cutoff Shorts ($78) – buy it at Nasty Gal.
8. Balmain Tie & Die Denim Shorts ($1,760) – buy it at LUISAVIAROMA.
9. HORACE Ripped denim shorts (on sale $54) – buy it at Farfetch.
10. MOTO flag printed denim hotpants ($70) – buy it at Topshop.
Stay tuned for our upcoming tutorials on modifying your existing denim shorts to be just as killer as the ones you see above…
—Michelle Christina Larsen & Kathy Hassan
Tags: american flag shorts, Balmain, cut off shorts, denim shorts, destroyed denim, dip dye, frayed denim, Siwy, yellow denim