Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The Denim & Supply holiday 2011 collection features some seriously cool patchwork denim jeans for guys & gals. The women’s jean has some tartan plaid thrown in for good measure. If you’re into infusing a little punk rock into your look, this is one way to do it.
2. Rawr Denim has a great write up on Railcar Fine Goods—a California-based raw denim brand that builds each pair of jeans with hard-to-come-by craftsmanship.
3. For the men in the audience, here’s the perfect compliment to raw denim this fall—Gargyle just got a stock of S.N.S Herning fine wool knitwear from Denmark in to browse.
4. We thought the Topshop American flag shorts were a passing fad of summer, but if Rihanna’s still rocking them, you can bet you’ll see them live on into fall.
5. See actress Amber Heard (best known for her recent role in The Rum Diary) in a pair of medium wash David Kahn jeans on the cover of Women’s Health magazine.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Amber Heard, american flag shorts, david kahn jeans, denim & supply holidau 2011, Railcar Fine Goods, raw denim, rihanna, S.N.S Herning Knitwear, the rum diary, women's health magazine
The Guess boutique at Hollywood & Highland (6801 Hollwood Blvd., Hollywood) is going to be the happening place on Monday, July 18 at 5:00 p.m., when hunky “Glee” star Mark Salling makes an appearance to promote his latest album, “Pipe Dreams.” Drop on by to peruse Mark… we mean the jeans. Get a signed copy of Mark’s CD with any purchase of $50 or more. On the other side of the country, Guess recently had a rooftop barbecue party to present their Holiday 2011 Collection. The spotlight was on Guess poster girl Amber Heard then, who has the ability to channel sex appeal without actually trying.
To shop the latest collection, go to Guess online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Amber Heard, Glee, Guess, Guess jeans, In-Store Events, Mark Salling
In preparation for the debut of their Fall 2011 line, Guess has donned a new Campaign, featuring new It Girl Amber Heard as the fresh face for the new line. The Old Hollywood Glamour shots (a la Marilyn Monroe) is more than fitting as their new Fall Collection includes romantic blouses and sky high platform shoes that say, “Au Contraire, I’m a Lady!” The focal point of the collection is on the denim, of course and we just so happen to love the Britney Skinny Jean and the Cropped Cigarette Jean, both shown here in the photos. When paired together, with a pale pastel blazer and a great leather satchel bag, (think Kim Kardashian) these pieces can make any girl feel luxe.
Images via Denimblog
— Ashlee Mellowes
Tags: Amber Heard, Britney Skinny Jean, Coco Chanel, Cropped Cigarette Jean, Fall collection, Guess Fall 2011, Kim Kardashian, Marilyn Monroe, Old Hollywood Glamour, Romantic
Guess?, inc., just announced the new poster girl for its Fall 2011 campaign, and it’s rising talent Amber Heard. You may know her from “Pineapple Express” and “Zombieland.” She will next star in “The Rum Diary” opposite Johnny Depp and Aaron Eckhart and is currently in production on the NBC pilot, “Playboy.” “We are thrilled to have signed Amber Heard for the GUESS Fall 2011 advertising campaign,” says Paul Marciano, Chief Executive Officer and Creative Director for Guess?, Inc. “Amber embodies the essence of the true GUESS girl with her natural beauty and classic all-American good looks. The campaign, which was shot by Ellen Von Unwerth, is sure to become a classic that will continue to define what the GUESS brand stands for.”
Photo via Fashion Fame.
We’re guessing that Paul Marciano has made yet another excellent choice. Log on to Guess.com to stay tuned for previews from the Fall 2011 campaign.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Amber Heard, guess campaign, Guess Inc., Guess jeans