This winter, All Saints will join in the ranks of fashion brands that have taken the military trend and reinterpreted it for the dead of winter. Merchant Marine chic never looked so good. Whatever the case may be, All Saints sure know how to build a wardrobe around black jeans. Combining the brand’s signature denim staples of drop-crotch and skinny jeans for men and women, All Saints sticks to what they do best: make you look rock ‘n’ roll through the seasons. Be on the lookout for a brand new collection of corduroy jeans, alongside leather jackets, over-sized knits and polished wool coats.
Images via Denimblog online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: All Saints, black jeans, jeans for men, jeans for women, winter jeans
British pop hottie Pixie Lott was recently snapped walking through LAX airport sporting a Wrangler denim vest (or a waistcoat, according to Denimblog). Although Pixie is dressed way down, unlike her usual pop star fashionista persona, her hair looks great and the vest-sweatpants-loafers ensemble actually does not look slovenly. We’ll cut her some slack, because we know we can’t always sit in a cramped plane wearing a miniskirt and 5-inch stilettos.
Images via PixieWeb.
Haven’t tried wearing a denim vest before? Fret not. We’ll supply some ideas to stay stylish and avoid that dreaded biker-’80′s hick look.
GET THE LOOK
1. A slouchy-yet-tailored looking sweatpants is a winning combination for the seasoned traveler. A.L.C. Tapered Cotton and Cashmere-Blend Pants ($295) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
2. A gray denim vest adds a tidy continuous color line when paired with gray pants. All Saints Kay Denim Gilet ($75) – buy it at All Saints.
3. We chose a light blue tank to add a tasteful pop of blue which peeks out from underneath the vest. Michael Stars Ribbed Beater Tank Top in Oasis (on sale for $26) – buy it at Tobi.
4. In keeping with Pixie’s kiltie shoe look, we chose a driving shoe instead, for its softness and comfort aboard flights. Minnetonka Kiltie Suede Moccasin Flats ($48) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
5. A retro-geeky look may not fool the paparazzi, but it’s sure trendy as hell! EP “Clubsmen” Half Frame Clear Lens Glasses ($10) – buy it at 80′s Purple.
6. A cross body bag is a traveler’s essential. Kimchi Blue Lady Satchel ($49) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 80's Purple, A.L.C., Airport Style, All Saints, denim vest, faded denim, Kimchi Blue, light denim, Michael Stars, Minnetonka, Off-Duty Style, Pixie Lott, pop star, singers, Street Style, Wrangler
While preparing for a recent trip to South America, Alessandra Ambrosio ran errands in Los Angeles wearing Black Orchid’s Black Jewel skinny jeans in the flattering grey ash wash. Adding a loose tank and sandals, the Victoria’s Secret model looks ready for a getaway in the trendy bottoms. Lately lots of beauties have been spotted wearing these jeans. We wish this one in particular would pack us in her suitcase. Scroll below to see how you can get her look!
Photo from Denimology.
To achieve this stellar pre-vacation aura, casual-cool is key. Sandals, sunglasses, and a shawl draped over a loose tank and tight jeans are a perfect start. Add a roomy bag to carry your errand-running essentials and some comfy gladiator sandals to say “I’m going closer to the equator!” Check our specific picks below.
1. Lauren Moshi “Lily” Graphic Basic Swing Tee ($89) – buy it at Bloomingdales.
2. Black Orchid Women’s Black Jewel Skinny Jean (on sale for $55 now) – buy it at Amazon.
3. Vintage Lanvin Round Frame Sunglasses ($160) – buy it at American Apparel.
4. All Saints Bryce Shawl ($55) – buy it at All Saints.
5. Joan & David 2 Lalia Gladiator Sandal ($60) – buy it at DSW.
Feeling enthused to accessorize? Throw in a Bauletto Leather Top Handle Bag and this amazing Sass & Bide Duty call crochet cotton vest! Before you even have the chance to say “bad passport photo” you’ll be sporting the pre-vacation glow all year round. Even in this gruesome weather.
-–Michelle Christina Larsen & Jackie Racer
Tags: Alessandra Ambrosio, Alessandra Ambrosio pics, All Saints, black jewel skinny jeans, black orchid denim, Lauren Moshi, oversized sunglasses, vintage lanvin
We weren’t sure if we wanted to share all the lovely deals we heard about, or just keep it to ourselves, but duty prevails! In progress now, check out some wonderful shopping sales going on now in some of our favorite NYC and LA boutiques, and online.
1. CHARLEY 5.0 Park n’ Ride Jacket in Tomboy ($88) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
2. OBEY Secret Stash Maritime Skinny ($56) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
3. All Saints Gunray Lowe shorts ($52.50) – buy it at All Saints.
4. Nine Days Denim Men’s Misfit Slim Jeans in Dark Blue ($66) – buy it at Tobi.
1. AllSaints (online and Robertson Blvd. boutique) – save up to 70% off on all merchandise. Men’s Raw Iggy ($40.50), Raw MWXX ($77.50), women’s Monterey Pipe Skinny ($45.50) and Bleach Pipe Skinny ($94.50) are just samplings of the great deals sidewide.
2. Manhattan Denim – They carry brands like 7 For All Mankind, Diesel, Hudson, Joe’s and People’s Liberation. Select men’s and women’s jeans (reg. $180-$200) are now 50% off. Hurry: the downtown Manhattan Beach Sidewalk Sale starts Friday, so they’ll likely get scooped out.
3. OAK (NoHo and Williamsburg locations) – Oak is having a 40/50/60 sale online, but don’t miss the goods in their stores. Grab Acne Jeans for women (from $67.50) or a Julian Red Washed Distressed Slim Straight Leg ($107.20). The boutique sale is good through January 27.
4. Onesipkim – This quaint little boutique in Old Pasadena is clearing everything out! Kasil, Hudson Signature Flap Pockets and 7 For All Mankind bootcut jeans are 50% off. Mostly sizes 28 and above are left. Boutique is open Wednesday – Saturday.
5. REVOLVE Clothing (online and in-store) – CHARLEY 5.0 (from $39), Current/Elliott Boyfriend (from $58), Paige Jeggings (from $70), TEXTILE Elizabeth & James (from $117), and others.
6. Tobi.com – Lots and lots of Seven jeans on sale from $101, but also Cheap Monday (from $32), Kill City (from $49), Men’s Rogan and Surface to Air (from $79) and many other leading denim brands.
*Due to the nature of sales, quantities and sizes are generally in lower quantities, so please check with the boutique for current availability.
– Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: All Saints, Charley 5.0, Cheap Monday jeans, denim sales, denim sample sales, Diesel, Hudson Jeans, Julian Red, Kill City Jeans, Nine Days Denim, OBEY denim, online denim sales, Surface to Air Jeans