Diane Kruger is a celebrity style favorite both for her glamorous looks on the Red Carpet and off duty on the cement catwalk. Wearing a pair of high-rise Citizens of Humanity Arley skinny jeans, Diane still manages to look feminine in her menswear-inspired outfit. It’s a sporty look that combines the season’s buttoned-up shirt trend with a double-breasted business jacket. With an added flair from her red framed Wayfarer style sunnies, Diane puts her personal style stamp on this look. Do you love Diane’s airport style dressy-meets casual look? Check out our suggestions to get her look!
Get The Look…
AllSaints Lena Blazer / Citizens Of Humanity Arley Skinny Jeans / Ash Wedge Sneakers
Tags: Airport Style, casual style, celebrity fashion, Citizens of Humanity, denim style, Diane Kruger, skinny jeans, what to wear to the airport
British pop hottie Pixie Lott was recently snapped walking through LAX airport sporting a Wrangler denim vest (or a waistcoat, according to Denimblog). Although Pixie is dressed way down, unlike her usual pop star fashionista persona, her hair looks great and the vest-sweatpants-loafers ensemble actually does not look slovenly. We’ll cut her some slack, because we know we can’t always sit in a cramped plane wearing a miniskirt and 5-inch stilettos.
Images via PixieWeb.
Haven’t tried wearing a denim vest before? Fret not. We’ll supply some ideas to stay stylish and avoid that dreaded biker-’80′s hick look.
GET THE LOOK
1. A slouchy-yet-tailored looking sweatpants is a winning combination for the seasoned traveler. A.L.C. Tapered Cotton and Cashmere-Blend Pants ($295) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
2. A gray denim vest adds a tidy continuous color line when paired with gray pants. All Saints Kay Denim Gilet ($75) – buy it at All Saints.
3. We chose a light blue tank to add a tasteful pop of blue which peeks out from underneath the vest. Michael Stars Ribbed Beater Tank Top in Oasis (on sale for $26) – buy it at Tobi.
4. In keeping with Pixie’s kiltie shoe look, we chose a driving shoe instead, for its softness and comfort aboard flights. Minnetonka Kiltie Suede Moccasin Flats ($48) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
5. A retro-geeky look may not fool the paparazzi, but it’s sure trendy as hell! EP “Clubsmen” Half Frame Clear Lens Glasses ($10) – buy it at 80′s Purple.
6. A cross body bag is a traveler’s essential. Kimchi Blue Lady Satchel ($49) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 80's Purple, A.L.C., Airport Style, All Saints, denim vest, faded denim, Kimchi Blue, light denim, Michael Stars, Minnetonka, Off-Duty Style, Pixie Lott, pop star, singers, Street Style, Wrangler
Zac was recently snapped wearing Levi’s at the airport, and it was a double dose! We loved how he styled it: a vintage flight jacket (paired perfectly with his aviator sunglasses) adds layering texture and breaks up his indigo double denim combo. It’s a relaxed yet sophisticated look. His Levi’s by Opening Ceremony Trucker Jacket in 2×1 Indigo is tastefully de-emphasized but still visible. Zac is also wearing a Levi’s Super Skinny 510 jeans in Spokes wash. It looks like Zac is ushering in the new era of the Canadian Tuxedo. Are you down for it?
Want to try out Zac’s vintage-inspired double denim look yourself? Get your feet wet with a denim brand you’re comfortable with and personalize it with a favorite jacket and a pair of trusty sunglasses.
GET THE LOOK
1. James Perse Cotton Crew Neck T-shirt ($45) – buy it at Mr Porter.
2. J Crew Factory denim jacket ($78) – buy it at J Crew.
3. Tretorn Krona Sand canvas sneaker ($70) – buy it at Tretorn.
4. EP Large Metal Mirrored Aviator Sunglasses ($10) – buy it at 80′s Purple.
5. J Crew Factory slim-fit jeans ($59.50) – buy it at J Crew.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Airport Style, Canadian Tuxedo, denim jacket, double denim, Levi's, Levi's 510, Levi's x Opening Ceremony, slim jeans, vintage jeans, Zac Efron
Jude and Sienna manage to look decent, even after a long flight from Kenya. Could it be they were returning from Sienna’s birthday trip? After all, her birthday is on 12/28 (as in Twenty8Twelve). Arriving in Heathrow Airport on Monday, this celebrity couple know how to work it, realizing that the paps will be snapping their every move from the gate to the baggage carousel. We were slightly disappointed not to see Jude in a pair of jeans, but we’ll cut him a break for style points. After all, he is the face of Dior Homme.
Photos: Pacific Coast News (left) and Bauer Griffin
Jude is wearing a pair of drop-crotch arc leg jersey pants by Bassike, paired with a matching unstructured blazer; Sienna is wearing a Rock & Republic “Keagan” leather bomber jacket and skinny jeans combo, a go-to look for her which we recognize in another airport look from last November. Both are wearing heavily worn, vintage lace-up boots (tr?s Victoriana); perhaps trophies from past movie gigs. We’re happy Jude and Sienna are giving it another shot at love, if not only because we’ll get to see more photos of this good-looking couple together, looking a bit more refreshed at future photo calls.
Get the look….
1. We like these darker jeans with plenty of wriggle room. ALL SAINTS Gun – Saratoga in Grey ($72.50) – buy it at All Saints.
2. With a thin lapel and deconstructed styling, who’d notice if you get a little wrinkled. ALL SAINTS Remedy Jacket in graphite ($196) – buy it at All Saints.
3. Ladies know skinny jeans travel well tucked into boots! FRANKIE B Prepster Mini F in Ultra Grey ($152) – buy it at Frankie B.
4. Vintage boots that won’t mind the beating up, now and then. KG BY KURT GEIGER Apollo Leather Lace Up Work Boots, in gray ($193.09) – buy it at ASOS.
5. Distressed and vintage boots add a rugged appeal. RIVER ISLAND Women’s Alise Engineer Boot ($112.04) – buy it at ASOS.
6. Try to find another one just like it. We dare you! ROCK & REPUBLIC “Keagan” Cropped Bomber Jacket ($660) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
– Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Airport Style, Dior Homme, Jude Law, Sienna Miller, Twenty8Twelve