Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. What if finding the perfect pair of jeans was as easy as getting a body scan? Acustom is the the denim line belonging to the latest brand promising custom jeans through this method—Fitted Fashion. The Soho NYC design studio, aiming to be a platform for companies to provide custom clothing to their clients, will open in early 2012.
2. We love this post—confession of the worst jeans bloggers around the blogosphere have ever owned.
3. Diesel is re-launching their womenswear collection with a new design team, headed by Heikki Salonen. The line will be aimed at women ages 25-35 and see improved silhouettes. Sounds good to us!
4. Rockstar Denim opened a store in Paris, in the 7th District at 7 Rue de Grenelle, opposite the Christian Louboutin boutique. So, if you’re in the area, be sure to stop by and grab some cool denim and t-shirts.
5. Tired of looking at stick-thin girls in jeans, trying to figure out what will look good on your fabulous curves? Check out Girls With Curves for photos of a gorgeous gal above size 30, looking fly in varied denim styles.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Acustom, Christian Louboutin, Diesel, Fitted Fashion, Girls With Curves, Heikki Salonen, jeans that fit, perfect fit, plus size denim, Rockstar Denim, the worst jeans, womenswear collection