Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Maurice Malone and Williamsburg Garment Co. got a big shout out in WWD for the fresh new line of low-priced, high quality jeans (which we covered and in a Q&A and denim review). Gaining attention for his exclusive distribution and unheard of prices, Maurice had this to say about his business method:
“I don’t need 2,000 accounts and I can’t even do 2,000 accounts,” he says. “Until the demand is solid, one account per city is about right. I want every retailer I work with to understand the concept behind the product. Everything gets lost if I’m selling to a big store. The product is inexpensive, but nothing about it says ‘cheap.’”
2. The editors and staff of Daily Candy rounded up their New Year’s resolutions for 2012, and one of their LA interns vowed to start nixing the fast fashion habit and invest in some clothes that are longer lasting/higher quality. Her picks? A.P.C. Petit Standard raw jeans ($175).
3. Looks like the Versace cruise collection for H&M is going to feature a denim workshirt with a classic Versace motif trimming its center front. The collection will be sold online only and will feature both men’s and women’s resort looks. After seeing the collection previews… we’re not exactly sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the January 19th arrival.
4. MiH Jeans is having up to 70% off their jeans, tops, skirts, and more online right now—so here’s your chance to grab some awesome skinnies or flares, a cute T-shirt, and a jacket to boot!
5. Brand new on the raw denim market, check out the Studio D’Artisan X-32 Christmas Edition Raw Denim. This release marks the 32nd Christmas model since the company began in 1979.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: A.P.C. Raw Denim, Daily Candy, denim sale, denim workshirt, maurice malone, MiH Jeans, new year's resolutions, Studio D’Artisan X-32 Christmas Edition Raw Denim, williamsburg garment company