Style blog Lavish Livez gave us a great summary of top notch men’s denim for fall yesterday, complete with styling tips and accessories suggestions. Today he’s sharing five tips on wearing and caring for denim, so you can get the most out of your trusty jeans this season. Check them out below.
1. When your raw denim starts smelling funky (as washing regularly is a no-no), there are a few things you can do. Put them in the freezer, add dryer sheets to the pockets overnight, or dry clean them. I advise against washing raw denim for the first six months.
2. When you buy raw denim to begin with, buy the snuggest fit possible. They’ll stretch out.
3. Don’t be afraid to get rough with them! That’s how raw denim gets it charm and eventually begins to tell the story of its owner by wear and tear.
4. When you wash any denim, use Woolite. It will help preserve the original color.
5. Find a good tailor, it isn’t 1992 anymore, so your pants shouldn’t be hanging off a la Kriss Kross.
—DT Staff & Lavish Livez
Tags: denim care, how to care for denim, how to wash denim, raw denim, Woolite