Going denim shopping anytime soon? If you’ve been feeling hesitant because denim shopping can be such an ego-blow, experience from hell, we don’t blame you. But we’re here to make it easier. We’ve got 5 tips from Donna Ida on buying jeans to ruminate over before you head out there into the denim jungle.
1. If jeans go on easily, go down a size. Kicking your way into the legs isn’t unusual.
2. Don’t be afraid to hem cropped jeans. People often think that if cropped jeans aren’t the right length then they’re not the jeans for them, but cropped jeans should be hemmed to fit properly, just like a bootleg or straight leg.
3. When buying jeans with super stretch, look for good quality denim that has great memory. The ‘memory’ is how quickly the denim springs back after wear.
4. When buying jeans with super stretch buy them firm but not overly tight. If you have ‘seam strain’ down the legs, they are possibly too tight and this could damage the stretch.
5. Look for white jeans with faux front pockets. If the style you choose has front pockets you can ask the tailor to remove them for a neater look.
Stay tuned for more tips!
—DT Staff & Donna Ida
Tags: denim guide, denim shopping tips, Denim Therapy, Donna Ida, hemming service, how to buy jeans, which jeans to buy