Some people prefer to wear white jeans and tops to contrast with their
summer tan, but to keep the jeans white, you need to take some precautions.
- Before attempting to clean them read the manufacturer’s label for
specific laundering instructions.
- Make sure not to wash your white
jeans with other colored clothing or jeans.
- If you are using a detergent
containing bleach, mix the recommended quantity of detergent in water in
the wash tub and soak the white jeans for several hours or overnight. Be careful not to overbleach as it might
weaken the fabric.
- Wash the jeans using normal wash settings.
- Rinse your white jeans twice to make sure that all the
alkaline detergent is removed. Alkaline residue from detergents and
fabric softeners tend to yellow whites when dried.
- Air dry your jeans if you can. Extreme drying and
high temperatures also turn white fabrics yellowish.
If you follow these simple steps, your white jeans should last longer than your summer fling.
– Denim Diva
Summer Resort Wear: White Denim Edition
Ask a Denim Diva: Carpenter Jeans.
Ask a Denim Diva: Purple Jeans