Feel that insane heat and blinding sunshine? Summer’s on the way, and we’re counting down the reasons we’re excited to bust out our favorite warm weather denim for a season of super-stylish fun in the sun.
Note: We know, these tie-dye shorts are amazing. Grab them at Nasty Gal.
1. No other season permits this spectrum of neons, tie-dyes, and brightly colored jeans be set free from your closet and paraded down the boardwalk. Don’t hold back on your favorite colors, whether you favor pastels or saturated electric hues.
2. What’s scandalous in the spring is common practice in the summer. It’s the only season where your cut-off shorts can resemble a bikini bottom in shortness and no one will think twice about it.
3. DIY! Cutting, slashing, distressing, dip-dying and applique are just a few of the ways you can take a pair of jeans you loved all winter and turn them into a summer dream. Need some ideas? Try this DIY.
4. The simple perfection of the basic jeans and a t-shirt combo is amplified in the summer, and while we love fall layering, this no-fail formula that dates back to denim’s pop culture debut is still a staple in looking fresh and “classic cool”.
5. Finally, it’s great to know that while this summer’s outdoor adventures might harm your jeans—from hiking to camping on the beach, or even dancing manically at summer music festivals—we’ll be right here waiting to fix them back up for you.
Get ready for an amazing summer, and remember us if you need expert denim repair, tailoring, shopping advice, and all things denim.
Tags: cut off shorts, denim shorts, dip dye, DIY, sexy jeans, summer 2012, summer denim, tie dye