Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. A quick overview of where the majority of jeans are made across the globe, with links to videos where you can watch premium denim, and regular denim being produced.
2. Topshop has a killer new denim shop component to their website, where you can shop your favorite styles, see jeans from every angle, scroll through various washes, and watch video lookbooks. As if we needed another reason to hang out on the TS website all day.
3. When’s the last time you looked really, really close at your favorite raw denim? Heddels talks hidden back-pocket rivets:
“According to history, rivets extruding on the outside of the denim were originally covered in 1937 due to inflicting horse saddle and furniture damage. Though saddle damage is one of our last concerns in today’s day and age, hidden rivets still have much practical application. They effectively strengthen points of weakness on a pair of jeans, thereby tacking on many more years of wear.”
4. 7 For All Mankind goes on sale today via Gilt Group!
5. Hey West Coast Hudson Jeans lovers, they’re having an awesome Warehouse sample sale next weekend, with up to 80% off in savings! Check it out at 2608 East 37th Street, Vernon, CA 90058. Dates/times below:
Friday, December 9th; 12:00PM – 6:00PM
Saturday, December 10th; 8:00AM – 6:00PM
** Note change of date!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 7 for all mankind on sale, cheap denim, denim rivets, discount denim, hudson jeans on sale, sample sale, Topshop, where to buy jeans