Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. You may recall that we’re fixated on fur x denim this fall-–so Terry Richardson’s campaign shoot for Japanese brand Moussy has us head over heels.
2. American Apparel is now making jeans for men, but they’re being likened to Mom Jeans. We’ll wait and see how long it takes to see them all over Bedford ave.
3. “Warp and Weft: A Snapshot of Raw Denim In The United States” is a raw denim documentary that’s in production and in need of funding. You can help out at their kickstarter page. This documentary is aiming to educate consumers about raw denim, suitable for everyone from beginners to experts.
4. The Denim Guy found the cutest pair of denim sneakers ever—lace-up velcro kicks with a saturated blue denim fabrication. They’re under $100 and available at Revolve.
5. Not Your Daughter’s Jeans is releasing limited edition jeans for Breast Cancer Awareness month. The “Marilyn Make a Difference Jean” is a straight-leg classic fit that flatters all figures. They retail at $120 and will be available at Nordstrom and Not Your Daughter’s Jeans.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: American Apparel, denim sneakers, Japanese denim, limited edition jeans, men's jeans, mom jeans, Moussy, Not Your Daughter's Jeans, raw denim documentary, terry richardson, warp and weft