News, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. What’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include? Email us!
1. Anna Wintour is caught on video officially approving of British designer Christopher Kane, along with his collaboration with J Brand jeans. Looks like we’re on the same page, Anna!
2. Refinery29 reports that Levi’s and H&M are both endeavoring to end the sandblasting denim wearing process—a common practice for several top brands that causes life threatening conditions for factory employees.
3. Thought a turban and a denim work shirt couldn’t rustle up adequate man-chic inspiration? Waris Ahluwalia is about to prove you wrong. (Image via @salihoffman)
4. Remember the notorious jeans-pocket “ass-cam” that revealed just how many people, male and female, can’t help but take a peek? The originators have been revealed. It was Levi’s, and the video is just as funny as ever.
5. ck one‘s lifestyle marketing campaign (reportedly the largest digital initiative in the company’s history) is about to drop. Check out the first video clip of the campaign here (WWD subscription required).
Bonus item… Rock & Republic jeans are for sale until Saturday on Swirl. Sign up now to get in on the action!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim blogs, denim links, denim news, denim sales