Pregnant super-star actress Natalie Portman has been out and about recently sporting maternity denim (an alteration service we offer, in case you’ve got a baby bump of your own) and naturally cameras flashes have been illuminating her every step. The paparazzi might be after her because she’s Natalie, but we’re in love with her minimalist approach to cute maternity-wear. We break down two of her recent looks below.
1. mama·licious Tex Denim Tunic Top ($62) – buy it at Asos.
2. Anthropologie Confetti Strand Wooden Beaded Necklace ($39) – buy it at Anthropologie.
3. The Limited Skinny Cargo Pant (on sale $19.99, was $69.90!) – buy it at The Limited.
4. Lucky Brand “Marlee” Rain Boots ($74.25) – buyt it at Dillard’s.
5. Banana Republic “Deborah” Sunglasses ($98) – buy it at Banana Republic.
Here’s the look in action—Natalie looks stellar with loose hair, sunglasses, a bohemian beaded necklace and this super-comfortable denim maternity shirt, cuffed at the sleeve. We switched out the boots for something a little more fashion forward, but even her’s are pretty chic.
In the next outfit, a super-minimal look becomes super-adorable via less-is-more theory. Check out how you can adopt this comfy ensemble.
1. Motherhood Long Sleeve Crew Neck Maternity T Shirt (on sale $10) – buy it at Motherhood.
2. Paige Denim Jimmy Jimmy Maternity Boyfriend Jeans ($195) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Dooney & Bourke Handbag, Quilted Spicy Shopper ($198) – buy it at Macy’s.
4. Bernardo Tie multi-strap leather sandals ($195) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
5. Tom Ford Eyewear Callae Sunglasses ($360) – buy it at Saks Fifth Avenue
And here’s the second look in action! Natalie’s top has a cute button-neckline detail and single pocket, which adds interest (but isn’t necessary to achieve the look). During this stroll, Natalie was holding up her purse to defend her baby-to-be from too much camera action. If you plan to do the same (assuming paparazzi follow you!), you’d better make that purse a big one!
Don’t forget to check out our maternity denim alteration service, where we open up the side seam and place an elastic triangular insert into your jeans so you can keep wearing them during your pregnancy. Once your term is over, you can send them back to have them turned back to normal!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Celebrity, denim top, how to wear, Lucky Brand, maternity denim, Natalie Portman, Paige Denim, Paige Premium Denim, pregnant, styling tips