Why on earth would you want to wear denim shorts in winter? Hey, it’s L.A., it’s 74 degrees in November, and if you’re a celebrity, you wear what you want when you want to. Case in point: Nicole Richie wore Erin Wasson x RVCA denim cutoffs over some black tights. She pulled it off by repeating black throughout her outfit: black boots, beanie (by Rick Owens), and a smart Chanel chain crossbody bag.
Want to get Nicole’s look? Throw on a textured black sweater over a peter pan collar contrast shirt, and pull it together with some of our suggestions below!
GET THE LOOK…
1. These smart boots can go with shorts, a maxi skirt and, of course, jeans. The Suede Zipcode Boot ($188) – buy it at Madewell.
2. You can’t find Nicole’s RVCA shorts anywhere nowadays, but we think these more affordable versions with black pockets are pretty nifty. AE Tumble Shortie ($39.50) – buy it at American Eagle Outfitters.
3. Here’s a beanie with about the same amount of scrunchiness as Nicole’s Rick Owens version. Bop Basics Oversized Beanie ($68) – buy it at Shopbop.
4. Cat eye sunglasses are all the rage this season. Mango Cats Eye Style Sunglasses ($34.90) – buy it at Mango.
5. Need we say why we love this bag? Quilted Chain Crossbody (on sale for $15) – buy it at dELiAs.
Images via Denimblog.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: celebrities in jeans, celebrity fashion, denim cutoffs, denim shorts, Frayed Denim Shorts, get the look, Nicole Richie