Jessica Alba is one of our favorite celeb denim style icons when it comes to casual, every-day outfits that are chic, comfortable, and versatile. Her latest ensemble has us really psyched: a Genetic Denim vest over a long floral maxi dress.The traditional denim-over-dress equation is hard to go wrong with, but a few pointers on making it work.
1. Respect outfit proportion! If the dress is long, opt for a cropped vest or jacket. A mini-dress merits a longer jacket/vest (or even oversize).
2. Light wash denim looks amazing in the spring over florals. Dark wash lends itself to late summer and early fall, matching a darker hued printed dress.
3. If the denim vest’s cut and wash make the outfit extra masculine, balance the look with jewelry and a scarf.
Get the look below!
1. Madewell Longroad Denim Vest
2. Pencey Standard Jessica Hart for Pencey Standard Long Dress
3. DAY BIRGER ET MIKKELSEN Ferdousi tasseled cotton-gauze scarf
4. ASOS Classic Retro Aviator Glasses
Celeb image via Denim Blog.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: celebrity denim, denim vest, floral dress, Genetic Denim, get the look, Jessica Alba, maxi dres